We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

chicago
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

Can anybody give me an idea of how much a cab would be from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo? I think we will take the bus to Pochutla and then catch a cab to one of the beaches.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,829 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

Zipolite 100 pesos. SA 120. You don't need to go to Pochutla. You can get off the bus at the Pochutla-Puerto Angel intersection on highway 200 (just beyond the military check point) and take a cab from there. That'll save you a few pesos and 10-15 minutes.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

The plan was to take the bus from to Pochutla to do the market on a Monday morning and then from there head to the beach. Just needed an idea of how much to budget for cab fare. Any preference to which beach is better in case we can only do one?

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

Of course all the beaches are nice, but San Agustinillo is by far the most beautiful, the beach and the village.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

Yes, Go to San Agustinillo. The beach and village is pure paradise. Try to book a sightseeing trip with Captain Beto ( he can be found in front of the beautiful Punta Placer Resort), he has several boats that will take you on a four hour tour to see Whales, Dolphins etc. as well he offers tours by motor coach to the Escobilla beach where you can see the turtles return and lay their eggs. Please visit www.gosanagustinillo.com for more information on San Agustinillo.

Cheers!

Casa Canuck

Edited: 03 March 2013, 17:22
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,829 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

I too say San Agustinillo. I like Zipolite for the people watching and the beach is terrific, but it is infamous for rips so swimming is restricted. San Agustinillo's beach is very private at the east end and has restaurants at the west end. It is a much safer swimming beach with some calm areas. The two towns are so close to each other that you will be able to visit both. Restaurants in both towns are numerous and good. The towns are tiny.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

Any recommendation for a good beach restaurant?

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,829 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

Hmmm...we tried pretty much all of them in SA and concluded there must have been a local cooking school at some time because quality and selection were quite similar from restaurant to restaurant. There are some themes like pizza or chicken but otherwise you're not going to be wrong going with what looks good. In the daytime Mexico Lindo is always popular. (It is also where you get a bag of ice for your trip back to the hotel. Bring a collapsible cooler bag from home). Lindo is near the western end of the beach. In the evenings a few nearby restaurants assemble candles in sand filled paper bags that light the way to dinner tables in the sand. Lovely. Perhaps not the healthiest but a favourite is flattened breaded shrimp pan fried in garlic and oil. (Camarones Empanizados frito en ajo y aceite) Enjoy!

chicago
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

When I'm on vacation, healthy doesn't matter that much to me! The shrimp sounds wonderful. Thanks for the tips!

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

Playamomma, I am looking forward to hearing about "tour de shrimp" 2013. I hope you have a great trip!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,829 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cab fare from Pochutla to Zipolite or San Agustinillo

Consider staying over night...just another small expense..maybe 800 pesos...Punta Placer? A little more rustic is Un Sueño. Even if you don't stay, these are worth checking out.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco