We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

Wyoming, Illinois
Level Contributor
224 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

Is there a market I am missing in La crucecita or a shop that is the best selection to buy black oaxacan pottery?

chicago
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

There is a flea market in La Crucecita off the main drag into town, on the left as you are entering town, right across from Sabor de Oaxaca. They close early, by 8 pm. There was a lot of black pottery in there.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

Oops, I'm bad, I mean on your right as you are entering town, after Carrizal and before Bugambilla.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

For selection and quality, I love the store near the Oasis cafe- Museo de los Artistes? I think that's the name of the place. Hgue store with all kinds of crafts as well as mezcal, chocolate, moles, etc ........

Love that store!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

The weaver right across from the Crystal Rose has a good selection

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

Hola.

Try the Museo de las Artesanías Oaxaqueñas in La Crucecita just off the southeast corner of the Zocalo across the street from the Alejandro bakery.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

cobourg,on.ca.
Level Contributor
256 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

On Framboyan street, rite beside the carpet weaver. Fair prices.

Edited: 10 April 2013, 14:55
ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

Go to the Museo de Artesanias Oaxaquenas which is just off the main square in the center of town. It is not really a museum but a large, very charming artisan shop full of beautiful, handmade, quality items. The textiles are carded, dyed and woven by hand in the traditional way and are truly beautiful goods. When we were there, one artisan was busy carding and dying some yarn while a lovely young woman was working on a loom, weaving a rug. We had a difficult time picking out a rug and some place mats as they were all so beautiful.

The sales people are very charming: helpful but not pushy.

It was a delightful shopping experience.

8. Re: oaxacan pottery in La Crucecita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 05:16