We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

Hi all,

Will be going to Secrets for our Honeymoon in late September. Normally wouldn't upgrade to something like a swim out, but since its the honeymoon, we figured it'd be nice to swim whenever we want, and splurge a bit. We however don't want to get a swim out if it totally kills the view, so thats why I pose the question. Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

The view from the bldg 1 swimouts are very much obscured by bldg 3. So that leaves bldgs. 5 & 6. I have not stayed in a swimout here, but I think that bldg 5 has the better view as it is closer to the center of the bay. Bldg 5 is also further away from the afternoon crowd noise at the swim up bar which is located in front of bldg 6 if that matters to you.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,871 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

You give up your privacy for a swim-out and since they are ground level they have the least view. Would not be my choice at all.

Belleville, Illinois
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

We just got back yesterday. We here in room 5102 you can walk out right in the happenings of the resort. We used to pool for 20 Min. One day we had frog eggs in the pool. Great layout, but much better resorts.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

Frogs eggs in the pool Okay thats weird, you would think the chlorine would kill them...But if you are saying you had frogs"legs" in the pool, well that weird as well!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

Drsos, I'm looking for a new place to go over the winter holidays. Could you recommend a better resort that is safe, has no rain and 85-90 degree temps during that time frame. Also with the small the town charm. No more than 5 hours from Chicago and priced similarly. We wouldn't mind a change.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

Ouch!

Seeing as we're getting witty, I just want to add that it would rather hard to swimout frrom building one, as its on the top floor. Paddling in the fountain...perhaps!

Alan & Tracy

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

Bldg 5 is in front of the so-called quiet pool, and Bldg 6 in front of the swim up bar, entertainment pool. I believe you should pick your room on that basis as the views would be identical. And yes the view from the Swim out "pools" in front of Bldg 1 would be horrible. :) and many complain about them.

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

View from swimout in building 1 was good - better than 5 or 6 because you could actually see the bay instead of staring at the pool. Jacuzzi rooms all had obscured views of lower buildings. Didn't use the swim out much though, but it was nice to be on bottom floor of first buidling as there were very few steps to get to restaurants and sky/lobby bars.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

ukie - Head north to Ixtapa/ZIH. Been to both and we like the beach in ZIH and Ixtapa better. If you are looking at an all inclusive review the Sunscape Dorado Pacifico.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets - Which building has best swim out view?

Backus- I am pretty sure Ukie's post was tongue in cheek. And I totally disagree about the beaches. I've spent a bit of time in Ixtapa and Zihua myself and I don't think the beaches can compete with Huatulco's many beaches ........ different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco