We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer on beer?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beer on beer?

For those of you that stay at hotels that are not on the beach do you bring your own cooler of beer with you or are there little bars on the beaches to buy beer? How much would the beer cost? Beach bar or in a store?

Thanks!

J.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer on beer?

Oh man, i haven't been drinking!

The subject should read ' Beer on beach?!'

J.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer on beer?

Bocana 25p, Tangolunda 40p, Chahue Castillo Club 30p, Chahue Beach Club 25 p perhaps more, Santa Cruz 20p, Maguey and La Intrega have many restaurants but not sure of beer prices. Same for San Agustine.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer on beer?

Beer on beer caught my attention! Lol

20p in Santa Cruz is nice! I would think if a ship is in the prices change? Do the restaurants increase prices on cruise days? There will be 2 ships during our week, so will make plans accordingly.

Huatulcopedro, is most beer served in the bottle or a plastic cup?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer on beer?

Just tell the waiters you are not off the cruise ship.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer on beer?

We usually stay at Villa Blanca (not on the beach), request a mini-fridge for the room and go around the corner to the Super Che and buy beer for the room. When we go to the different beaches, we always buy our beer from whatever palapa restaurant we happen to be sitting at. I know I have seen some local people bring their own coolers and still use their tables and chairs but I kind of think that is rude. Don't remember the prices, they are probably exactly what huatulcopedro said above. All I know is that they are way cheaper than it would cost to buy a beer sitting on the beach in the States. And I've never had beer served in a cup, only a bottle. Last year on Isla Mujeres we brought our own soft-sided cooler with beer but we did not sit in any chairs, only on our towels in the sand.

Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
771 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer on beer?

If you're going to a beach club, buy their beer.. If you're just going to a beach, bring your own.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer on beer?

All your messages together equal the info i was looking for, thanks!

J.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,868 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer on beer?

One other point. Drinking on a beach (not beach club) or any public area is against the law. Hmmm...doubt if there is any enforcement in a resort area but it is unlawful.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer on beer?

The super market has a great variety of beers to choose from and so reasonable. Just in case you want a cooler full on hand....

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beer on beer?

The beer is less expensive at the beach restaurants than at the clubs and resorts. While it is common practice for locals to bring food and drink to the beach foreigners may be charged 100p for a table. I have seen this happen often.

Why not enjoy the playa form under an umbrella or palapa. A few beers and snacks are not expensive.