We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

Florence, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

I have not decided where our family of four will stay. I like the idea of being up on a hill with a beautiful view. We always rent on the beach (elsewhere) so I like that too. Is anyone willing to share their favorite place? Thanks for any thoughts.

Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
802 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

What's your price range? How big of a place do you need? Are you willing to walk and/or wait for a cab to pick you up?

Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

Hi Swede

Our travel style has evolved over the years.

We enjoy an area that we can leave the AI resort ( I am still a fan for buget reasons!)

I thought being on the beach was what it was all about, but found out we really enjoy smaller places in a town. We can walk out the front door and start a new adventure everyday.

Can't help with specific places as this is only our second visit coming up. Just know what will make you most happy and you can find it in Huatulco.

Florence, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

We would like 1 or 2 bedrooms since we bring our kids. I love Las Palmas casitas, but they are booked. We are willing to walk into town or use local buses or cabs to get around. I would like to stay on or above the beach for views and overall vacation experience. There are a couple of condos I'm considering and I am also looking at Puerto Escondido, specifically Villas Carrizalillo.

Florence, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

Thanks for your reply. We never do AI because my husband is a foodie and never likes AI food. Also, we are spoiled from other trips and need more space than a traditional hotel room offers. Yes, whatever we decide, it is Mexico and will be wonderful.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

Villa sol y Mar has stunning views, but during peak season, they might be adults only. They serve breakfast everyday and guests have access to the kitchen.

A second favorite is Mision de Los Arcos in town. Totally different experience but staying in town is great.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

Hmmm, why not move around? I found San Agustinillo had great food but quiet night life and a fab beach. So a few days there and maybe a few days closer to La Crucecita.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

We did all inclusive several times in Huatulco and also rented private villas in Puerto Escondido. This year we have rented a villa overlooking the ocean in Salchi Bay.

Boise Idaho
Level Contributor
802 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

If you want to be on a hill, You might look at Sueno Real condos.. they have stunning views and are very nice.

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
485 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

Check out Villas Coral in Arrocito Bay. Spectacular view, built into a cliff. We have stayed there for years. 26 units total, which include some 2 bedroom villas. Lovely little restaurant overlooking the water. They serve breakfast and lunch. We walk into La Crucecita and Santa Cruz, but about a 3 mile walk. Cabs are there within 5 minutes of a phone call. The owners and staff are wonderful. Sueno Real is beautiful, but much more expensive.

Florence, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is your favorite place to stay in Huatulco and why?

Thank you, Kubes and Idaho for your thoughts. I am looking at Sueno Real and Villas Coral. The only downside of both is that there is no beach immediately there. Anyone know how far of a walk down to a nice beach for each of those places? I am now also thinking about staying in Puerto Escondido at Villas Carrizalillo. Would you vote for Huatulco or Puerto Escondido? I'm not sure PE would be worth the extra travel and hassle of getting there. Thanks!