We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huatulco Reviews Please!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Huatulco Reviews Please!

Now that a few lucky people have started the winter travel season, I hope you will remember to share your experiences, good or bad, for the rest of us that have longer to wait for paradise.

It keeps me going to read any new review, and I don't care for which hotel, I read them all!

68 days...

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

Ah Bryna--- She needs help, sounds like she's been slammed by the dreaded bug, Huatuloitis!

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

If you are short of reading material here is a link to my review of Las Brisas in 2007. We were back in 2010 to the same resort, and only a couple of doors away from where we first stayed. There are a few pics of our stay there and around Huatulco.

Interestingly our standards have changed over the years (expect more), but in our 2010 stay, we found the resort much improved. We were there at a bit slower time in 2010 (before Christmas instead of over New Years), and the cliental was much different. Initially it was mainly Canadians, but as Christmas got closer there were more and more Mexicans. We found the food to be much better and more authentic Mexican in 2010, and really enjoyed our stay.

Looking forward to your stay at Secrets this year and will post a review. I suspect we are going to miss the nice beach options at Las Brisas, and the quiet seclusion. However, that seclusion aspect had slipped a little at Las Brisas as the area to the East has developed and obviously the residents like to party -- well into the morning, at least right before Christmas!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150789-d268…

Edited: 31 October 2013, 15:39
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

Speaking of reviews.....wonder how Nelson is doing at Dreams. He was served up a fine dish of internet slappin in the latest review. "I would have given Dreams 5 stars but...." Nelson!

If there is a direct correlation between how many times you write someone's name in a review, and the level of angry you are, I'd say the reviewer was pretty darn pissed. I love how it ends on a positive note out of the blue. :)

Review:

tripadvisor.ca/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

Yes Suze..I must have that affliction. Haha

Ron..that review was one of the best I had read before we booked Las Brisas last year! I really appreciated how you spelled out the annunciation of the words as I tend to "hear" things as I see them, probably why I suck at learning Spanish.

Pokey, I thought the same. Poor Nelson! It was entertaining though.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

Bryna - I too like you, love to read even when I am not going...it just feels good. We leave in 4 days and are going minus kids for the first time!!!! We only have a week but I feel fortunate to have that!. Staying at Secrets for the first time, so I promise I will have lots to say. And I know me after a trip - I will write it all down fairly soon after we get back as a way of reliving it and ignoring the snow outside my window.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

Me thinks the reviewer was the problem..I think I would get along just fine with Nelson.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

I'm thinking of going to Dreams by myself, since I have no lone to go with, is it safe a single woman

chicago
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

I do not stay at the big AI resorts and I would not hesitate to go to Huatulco by myself. I'm sure you will be fine at Dreams. Good for you for treating yourself to a vacation!

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

I stayed for 3 days with my teenage daughter in Huatulco and just totally loved everything. The hotel 'Mision de los Arcos'. A gorgeous, clean luxuriously affordable hotel with fabulously helpful friendly staff and owners, a wonderful restaurant and coffee shop. It was just perfect and a kind recommendation from a member here. Thanks a million. I plan to give a better review and a trip report soon.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Huatulco Reviews Please!

Mision de Los Arcos is great, isn't it?

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco