We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Tours

We are staying at Secrets Jan 28th to Feb 11th.

We are looking at some tours but wondering if any one would like to join us to keep the cost down. If anyone interested please get in touch with me and I can send you the info.

Thanks

Ottawa
Level Contributor
70 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours

Uk39, we are three couples who are travelling out of Ottawa on Jan 25 for one week at Secrets. As it is our first time to Huatulco, we likely will only venture off the resort once, to explore the town, the rest of the time enjoying the fabulous resort we've been reading so much about. But send me your tour ideas and I will share it with the group. Either way, I'm sure our paths will cross while there!

Kathy

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours

What a shame you don't plan to venture off the resort! Different strokes for different folks I guess but you will be missing out on so much. I feel bad for you!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
70 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours

Really? You feel bad for us? We research our vacations thoroughly, including the resort and other than one afternoon exploring the town, we will be enjoying all the property has to offer. We are very busy in our work lives and go on vacation to relax and enjoy each other's company, not to run all over the place on tours - that's for retirement! If/when we return to Huatulco, we will explore a different part of the area , but we are very happy to holiday this way. We don't like to come home from a vacation, needing a vacation!

Leduc, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours

IanKathBrandonBritty

Last year was our first time in Huatulco, and I like you like to relax from a busy life. We did book the 7-bay tour through our travel rep at the hotel (sunwing) and went on the large boat for the day. It is an entire day - but it was relaxing. My husband does not swim, so we did not venture off to snorkel when the boat stopped twice for that. But, I did find it very relaxing just to be out on the water or the day...just beautiful and enjoyable. They provided a nice lunch and we were able to enjoy a nice drink on the way. Just thought I would mention that. Also we arrived on Monday, on Tuesday we did the half-day tour of the area. It was nice as we got to see the area, and then go back to places that we wanted to visit in our own time. Again, we booked in with the Sunwing rep. It was called the Rough Guide Tour and was a good overview and a nice quick into to the area. We stayed at Barceló, not Secrets. But, I just thought I would pass along the info. It was a wonderful vacation, and we will return to the area in 2014. it is a great place to unwind and relax - which we love to do. Truly a gem! So, relax and enjoy...wishing you a fantastic vacation!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
70 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours

Thanks Sue, for the suggestion - I have heard of that tour. And to mariaguapa who I would guess knows the area well and wants others to share in all Huatulco has to offer. We all have our different expectations when we travel on vacation - no need to feel sorry for anyone who is escaping the winter of Canada for the beaches of Mexico, even if all they do is sit on them :)

If all the reviews of this destination are anything to go by, this will not be our only trip to this part of Mexico. We are very much looking forward to a wonderful holiday in the sun.

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours

"Really? You feel bad for us? We research our vacations thoroughly, including the resort and other than one afternoon exploring the town, we will be enjoying all the property has to offer. We are very busy in our work lives and go on vacation to relax and enjoy each other's company, not to run all over the place on tours - that's for retirement! If/when we return to Huatulco, we will explore a different part of the area , but we are very happy to holiday this way. We don't like to come home from a vacation, needing a vacation!"

I like your attitude, and often wonder why one would want to pack in tour after tour. In a week, one or two excursions at the most is enough for me.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours

Been with the family to Huatulco at least 18 times in the last 15 years. Have been on one private tour to puerto Escondido. Been fishing a few times and some exploring on our own. I hate tours and group activities. Do not play well with others. I love doing nothing but swim, enjoy the sunshine, read, eat and drink with family and friends. We always manage to find new friends at pool or bar. Do what you want when you want. You are on holiday. Enjoy.

Edited: 09 November 2013, 21:50
chicago
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours

I don't think Maria meant for you to partake in tour after tour while you are on vacation. In 20+ years of going to Mexico, we have only ever done one organized tour. I am the ultimate veg-head on vacation and, like Ukie, like to do nothing more than see how many books I can read, sit in the sun, move to the shade, drink some beer, and eat. I hate big groups, too. But I think she means that Huatulco has so much to offer, even in the different beaches, all of them different. It is not like one big long stretch of beach like so many other beach destinations. Some beaches are for surfing, some for snorkeling, some really calm for just splashing around in. Conejos used to be our favorite beach before Secrets was built so you have a pretty awesome place to sit and relax. I think Maria was just saying, don't limit yourself to just one beach, they are all awesome!

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours

Thank you playa momma! You said it better! I rarely do the organized tours but I do enjoy the many beaches and other things the area has to offer.

As I said earlier, different strokes for different folks.......

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours

Hi Kathy,

I sent you a private message with the info.