We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

Winnipeg Manitoba
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Airport

just wondering how long the cab ride is from the airport to Villa Blanca. What is the approximate cost?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport

15 - 20 minutes at most

The fee is based on the number of persons

if memory serves me correctly it was 200 pesos per person last season

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport

Win-

Are you booked thru SunWing??... If so the hotel transfer is included in the price of the package. If not the time frame as posted by Wayne is correct ..20 minutes . If you can walk 2 city blocks, while schlepping luggage.. then I'd suggest walking to the main road. Taxis are always there waiting for a fare. Last year we (3) paid 200 pesos total to get to VB... We were booked on a package, but we just wanted to get to the hotel, then beach!

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport

If you don't have a transfer included in your package, it used to be that there are more taxis just outside the airport gate that provide much better rates. Perhaps others could comment if that is still the same situation.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport

Colectivos have per person rates. Airport taxis have distance rates about twice the local taxi rate outside the airport gate. Wayne and I were discussing the distance to the airport gate. I think it's a few hundred paces. I know it wasn't a chore when I did it.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport

Ha,ha.. a few hundred paces... Sounds like You and Wayne are sparring in a sword duel!

As mentioned earlier, it's easy- peasy, provided you're not laden with luggage.

If you take a peek at my photos I have an updated sheet with all taxi zone rates, as of the last increase .

Suze

chicago
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport

Ha Suze, I got ya beat. Last spring we paid 150 pesos for 3 of us to Villa Blanca (outside the airport gate, of course!)

7. Re: Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco