We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver jewellery

Mississauga
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Topic
Silver jewellery

Where can I buy good silver bracelets and necklaces?

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
511 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver jewellery

Depending on your budget, there is a vendor on every beach and a store on nearly every corner in La Crucecita ans some down the side streets. Happy shopping and bargaining, it's all good and the variety endless.

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver jewellery

don't forget Santa Cruz- the open tourist market and for higher end stuff, the shops by the marina- Maria Bonita and one or two others? You will see a LOT of essentially the same pieces all over town so maybe don't bite on your first day out unless you see something you absolutely love and feel like you have to have.......... Take a little time to see what is out there and the price range - you can always go back the next day, right? I can't speak for anyone else, but when I am in Huatulco, I spend time in LaCrucecita and Santa Cruz pretty much every day and the shops stay open in the evening.

So much jewelry, so little time ...............

Mississauga
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver jewellery

Thanks to all.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver jewellery

Might be helpful to pack a small magnet if you plan to buy a lot of silver. It should not stick if its solid.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver jewellery

... Or stamped with the number #925. I have purchased jewelry from a beach vendor named Thomas., very honest and talented . I showed him a ring that I hang on to for sentimental reasons , and wear a lot. The ring was a dollar store cheapie.. but I've always loved the design.. a series of open circles, think Olympic rings. Anywho, he took the band and two days later he returned with one in silver, exactly same design and fit.. very reasonably in cost.

Mississauga
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Silver jewellery

Thank you.

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silver jewellery

I think there must be places in Mexico where you can buy that 925 stamp tool real cheap. Once you have the tool then you don't have to be nearly as picky in selecting your "silver" goods...

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silver jewellery

"Might be helpful to pack a small magnet if you plan to buy a lot of silver. It should not stick if its solid."

This is a good tip. Another thing you can do is carry a white handkerchief and use it polish the item to be purchased, especially in a more inaccessible area. Then check the handkerchief to see if there is any dark discoloration removed from the item. There should be some blackish tarnish removed by the cloth if it is real silver.

Mississauga
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Silver jewellery

Thank you.

10. Re: Silver jewellery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:18