We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good pork ribs? steak?

Winnipeg Manitoba
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
good pork ribs? steak?

any restaurant recommendations for pork ribs or steak?

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
701 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

Finca de Vaqueros in La Crucecita for steak.

Alfredo

Mentioned in this post
Crucecita
Crucecita
Huatulco, Mexico
huatulco
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

Vaqueros pork ribs are excellent too!

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

I ditto the comments made by Alfredo and Neal. Finca de Los Vaqueros, now located in La Crucecita, is a great place for both, steaks and smoked pork ribs. For the locals Vaqueros is the go to place for good meats and good times! And if you're ever up by Pochutla be sure to stop by their restaurant there.

Mentioned in this post
Crucecita
Crucecita
Huatulco, Mexico
berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

Another vote for Finca de Los Vaqueros.

You can also get a nice steak at Onyx.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
104 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

We have had excellent steak at Krystal Rose!

Ontario
Level Contributor
235 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

Would support both restaurant choices. Krystal Rose is more of a white tablecloth atmosphere where Finca de los Vaqueros reminds me more of a good ole Western BBQ.

If you are staying in the Tangolunda (hotel zone), we have had really good steak at Cafe Vienna - check their menu. Don Porfirios at one time was good for steak and grilled seafood, but I haven't seen anyone mention it for awhile.

Mentioned in this post
Tangolunda
Tangolunda
457 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
winnipeg
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

We like the pork ribs at Alebrijes, in Tangolunda, behind Don Porfirios, if you can get past the Rider gear on his skeleton out front

Mentioned in this post
Tangolunda
Tangolunda
457 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Ponemah, Manitoba
Level Contributor
204 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

I echo the comments about the Krystal rose and the finca de Los vaquero ....but I did have a question about the latter...

We went to the restaurant in Bocana in 2010 and 2011 and it was excellent. Great food and allot of fun. We also went to the location in pochutla....again...awesome. 2012 was great. But this year we went to the new la crusesita location twice in January and were a little disappointed.

The food was no where near as good and the restaurant was practically empty??? And the mezcal wasn't flowing like it usually was....we just found it odd as we have visited the restaurants probably six or seven times before and it was always wonderful.

Is there a "best" night to go??? We always enjoyed the Arracherra...but even it was not as good???

Lucknow Ontario
Level Contributor
276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

What has happened to Don Porforinos?? We have been there several times in the past and it was amazing!! Is there new ownership?? Is Alebrijes now better??

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: good pork ribs? steak?

Looking for a restaurant we can watch the sunset from-perhaps Ocean Bar? We will be there Jan 10-17