We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Huatulco/San Agustinillo

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Huatulco/San Agustinillo

Hi,

We will be arriving in HUX and need to go to San Agustinillo. What is the cheapest way to do it?

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Huatulco/San Agustinillo

This was posted earlier.. not too sure how current the rates are 'tho.

You could email to get a quote.

http://taxihuatulco.com/

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Huatulco/San Agustinillo

Cheapest is by bus. It comes near the outside of the airport taxi stand under a big tree. You want one going to Pochutla and you want to get off at the Pochutla/Puerto Angel intersection with highway 200. (just after a military check-point) From there you take a colectivo which is a shared pick-up truck or take a 70 peso taxi for 10 minutes or so.

I would simply take a taxi from the stand at the entrance to the airport. It will cost around 500 pesos vrs 1100 from the official airport taxi. Make sure you have exact change in pesos for taxi/colectivo.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Huatulco/San Agustinillo

I was just going through my "notes" from last year as I was getting ready to this year's trip. We went to Pochutla for the Monday market (taxi from Villa Blanca to bus station 25 pesos, bus to Pochutla 23 pesos/person) and then cabbed it to Zipolite (cab from Pochutla to Zipolite 150 pesos) and San Agustinillo (40 pesos). It was a high adventure but I think this year we are going to hire a taxi driver to stay with us for the day. If you want to go to San Agustinillo from the airport, I believe there is an ongoing thread about taxi prices from the airport to various places.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Huatulco/San Agustinillo

We have always negotiated with the local cab drivers to get us from Huatulco to San Agustinillo for around $30 -$40 US for 3 or 4 people.

A great and informative website about San Agustinillo is

gosanagustinillo.com

Muchas Saludos !

Michael

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Huatulco/San Agustinillo

From HUX or La Crucecita? Mike, is Casa Mihale yours?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Huatulco/San Agustinillo

Wow, thans everyone !

7. Re: Taxi Huatulco/San Agustinillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:17