We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi question

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Topic
Taxi question

Should I pre-arrange transportation prior to my arrival? Or can I just grab a taxi from the airport? FYI we are not traveling package so my transfers are not included. We will be 4 adults and 2 kids plus luggage - so a van will be a must if we take a taxi. Any estimate cost to Barcelo? Thanks in advance for your help.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,195 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi question

See "what's at the airport" in top questions on this page. You don't need to pre-arrange. As you leave customs there is a taxi booth to your left beyond the shops. They have vans called "Colectivos" with per-person rates somewhere around 120 pesos. The rates are federally regulated. Local taxis are half as much but cannot pick-up within the gates. That means a hot 300 metre walk to the traffic entrance and two taxis at say 200 pesos each taxi.

ontario
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi question

you would need 2 taxis from the airport. cost is 370 pesos per taxi, or you could get a collectivo (a shared van that seats about 10-12 people) at the airport for a cost of 120 pesos per person.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi question

Thanks for the info. Does that mean if I want to hire a taxi for the day to tour around that there won't be any to accommodate 6 passengers as well?

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,195 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi question

Local taxis are 4 seaters. Here's a thread about a couple of drivers that you might e-mail and ask about their vehicles and rates. https://tinyurl.com/ofd95aw Let us know what you learn.

Edited: 06 February 2014, 00:15
victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi question

This is another option .. For private shuttle services to and from HUX.

https:/…huatulco_transport.php

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi question

Or... as mentioned by HuatulcoPedro. By the way a great source for up to date information...

Gabriel Ruiz gabriel11791@yahoo.com 958.587.5222 Speaks English well.

st. clements
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi question

Has anyone taken a taxi or collectivo from H U X airport to las palmas villas and casitas hotel? How far is it roughly? And the cost?

thanks

Edmonton
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi question

20 minutes, 350-400 pesos or Talina LP can send a limo SUV

st. clements
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi question

Thank you

berwyn, illinois
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi question

Most of the local taxis are 4 seaters but from the Barcelo I am sure there will be a van for maybe a bit more money. Or just split up into 2 regular taxis. Readily available and very reasonable. We've squeezed 5 into a regular taxi but as soon as our group expanded to 6 we started taking 2.