We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

Vancouver Island BC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

I've been sitting enjoying the Christmas days off and showing off my pictures from my great holiday in Huatulco to freinds and family. My favorite shots are of my fishing trip with Jesus Vasquez and his assistant Tino.

I would have to say that the fishing trip was the highlight of my trip. The tropy sized Mahi-Mahi I caught with him could win tournaments! Next time I come to Huatulco (and it wont be too long) I intend to get the Marlin I lost, and get into some sailfish too!.

I would recomend hooking up with Jesus if you want to fish there and catch some great fish. See my post tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150789-i740-k9053…

For some details, and check out my pictures too.

044 958 58 94161 local cell #

E-Mail: sharkv74@yahoo.com or whitesharkv@hotmail.com

whitesharkv@hotmail.com

I ended up using Jesus for my fishing charter because of what I read and other users said about him in this forum. There is a great number of other tips on Huatulco to read. I am glad I found this forum before I went.

Thanks to all.

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
475 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

Ron Karen, I am so glad you checked out Jesus and had as wonderful of a time as I had suggested you would. We are returning for our 17th trip to Huatulco and cannot wait to see our friends Jesus and Tino. Was this your first trip to Huatulco?

For first timers you can also look up Jesus on the beach in front of the Barcelo and Gala. His boat is called the "White Shark" and wears a yellow hat with the name of his boat on it. He has excellent fishing equipment and safety equipment. My husband enjoyed being in a fishing tournament with Jesus in November in Puerto Escondido.

Counting the days until our return Jan. 25th!!!

Mary

Fond du Lac
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

Kubes, Tell us some fish stories about the tournament. Thanks

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
475 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

Spawn, They didn't win a prize, but they sure had fun!!!! Caught some nice size dorado and my husband caught a shark. My husband loves to fish with Jesus as he never has time during the year in Wisconsin. A year ago Jesus took second place in the local tournament in Huatulco.

We are on the countdown!!!!!

alberta
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

We are leaving on the 6 of Jan and are staying at the Las Brisas is that very far to hook up with Jesus? We have some people in our group that would like to fish. Do you knwo if that is a good season?

Do you know if you can text message from there?

alberta
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

We are leaving on the 6 of Jan and are staying at the Las Brisas is that very far to hook up with Jesus? We have some people in our group that would like to fish. Do you knwo if that is a good season?

Do you know if you can text message from there?

Rau
Cambridge,Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

I have e-mailed Jesus and will be hooking up with him for some snorkelling too..He can set you up with pretty much whatever you need..I arrive on Jan 8..

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
475 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

mar234, Las Brias is in the same bay as the Barcelo. If Jesus cannot "hook" you up we have a friend Gregory who usually sells trips at the Las Brisas beach and would also show you a good time. Email Jesus and tell him you read about him on Trip Advisor. Have fun!

ontario canada
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

Hello,

We will be leaving tomorrow to go to Huatulco as a last minute get away.

We were wondering if you could give us some idea of prices for the fishing trips that Jesus offers.

Thanks Tanya and Al from Burlington Ontario

Vancouver Island BC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

Mar234...

Nothing is far from your hotel in Huatulco. A taxi to Santo Cruz marina will take a few minutes and cost no more than $2.50

Fishing will be good. Just remember that some days the fishing is slow no matter where you go. Its your guide that knows where to be and when to be there that counts. Thats why I always hook up with the same guide on the west coast of the Island.

I heard from Jesus by email and he said he took out a group offshore two days ago, and got a couple huge Mahi-mahi's and saw a large sailfish that wasnt hungry.

Can't wait to get back fishing there.

Email Jesus for Charter pricing. You will probably want to hire hime to get you to the beaches for snorkeling too.

You know, for what I pay for a charter on Vancouver Islands west coast, I could fly back and forth to Huatulco and fish there instead...

I am looking forward to seeing your catch pictures... :>

Ron

Brampton
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing in Huatulco? Call Jesus Vasquez for a good time.

Ron,

We are going to Huatulco January 26th and my husband cant wait to go fishing. He is so excited about it. I would like to know if I should book the fishing date for him with Jesus before we get there or when we actually get there? Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. This will be our first time to Huatulco and our first all inclusive so I'm not really sure if things should be booked ahead of time or when we get there.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco