We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review on Las Brisas

Red Deer Alberta
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Review on Las Brisas

I just finished reading the last review on this hotel and was not good.

I know everyone has different opinions etc. but is the hotel rundown like they mentioned. Now I'm wondering if we made a mistake on our hotel. Oh well a little late we will just have to make the best of it. I hope that person was exaggerating???

There is also alot of positive reviews mentioned. What a big difference on reviews I hope the positive ones are right.

It does sound like the food is not going to be great but we have travelled in other parts of Mexico and it never is really good. We always found something to eat.

Rau
Cambridge,Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Review on Las Brisas

Got that right..Out of the last 10 reviews 2 are negative..It's what you make of the holiday..How can you go wrong with grilled fish,chicken anyway??.. If I wanted awesome food I could stay home..I will be at Las Brisas next week having a blast

Edmonton
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Review on Las Brisas

Let's get a couple things clear....

The hotel is not run down. Sure, it is somewhat older (being the old club med) but it certainly is not run down.

The resort food is what you make of it. Certainly not all buffets items are going to appeal to everyone. But, you can't go wrong with the freshly grilled items they have every morning-noon-night. And you can't go wrong venturing into LaCrucecita or Santa Cruz for great dinners.

If one is going to complain about the 'taco chips' then I think that person has their priorties skewed. Such people should not go on a holiday (nor post reviews) and should spend their valuble time seeking the best taco ship at the local grocery store.

Michigan
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review on Las Brisas

Ignore that last review! Are you really going to take the opinion of someone like that seriously? The review made me laugh because the author is trying to sound so superior and snooty and they just come off sounding like a difficult to please person that is pretty full of themselves.

Focus on the reviews that give good concrete positives and some negatives. They give you a much better overall sense of what Las Brisas is like. No place is perfect and no resort is going to have all positive reviews, but that last one just made me laugh!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review on Las Brisas

We are going to Los Brisas too and we tend to ignore the negative reviews because some people do have such over rated expectations of rooms & food - if people can't find something to eat at a buffet then likely are way too fussy and should go to the ulta expensive resorts and leave these places for those that are looking to have a great time! And if they are going to a beach resort to spend a lot of time in their rooms as opposed to the beach & sun they should go to a non beach resort! I know that we will have a blast and enjoy our vacation because a vacation is what you make of it!

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review on Las Brisas

Si, the reviewer should stay home or take a vacation to Russia and try the chips there.

Yellowknife
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Review on Las Brisas

Thinking of Las Brisas in March. Leaning towards spending the extra$$$ on the "beach club" option in the "Mar" section. Can anyone reccommend a room, and/or Building # ?

Cheers,

J

Rau
Cambridge,Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Review on Las Brisas

Just got back this week..Was in the mountain section great view..Had a blast the Las Brisas was awesome beautiful spot the beach's and the grounds

Bruce Peninsula...
Level Contributor
387 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review on Las Brisas

Hey Rau, how did Las Brisas compare to the El Senador. We have been there as well and loved it. The beach is awesome. We can't wait to see Huatulco and Las Brisas. We are staying there in March. Thanks D&T

Rau
Cambridge,Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Review on Las Brisas

I loved both places ,However Huatulco I liked more.. The only thing El senador had over this place was the food.. Las Brisas was a beautiful place awesome beach's beautiful grounds , Not the the long running beach's like Cayo Coco , But awesome in thier own way..You will love the area down there ..Enjoy

saskatchewan
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Review on Las Brisas

i am writing this post from the internet room at the las brisas resort.

i`ve been here a week and so far no complaints aside from alot of stairs and walking but you can always take a shuttle if u don`t want to walk.

as far as the food u have top remember you are on holiday in mexico. the breakfeasts are great, the dinners and snacks are also good-- lots to choose from so even if you are picky there should be something for you.

very hot in the mornings but the breeze picks up a little around noon so it doesn`t seem as hot. get to the beach early yo find a spot and you should be okay.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco