We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather & water temps for the month of March

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
weather & water temps for the month of March

Hi there fellow traveller's we are going to Huatulco in the month of March for two week just wondering what to expect as far as the weather. Also is there bug problem at this time on the year. Thanks Jim..

Tsawwassen
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

climate is 30 C / 90 F every day, water temp 78 F, mosquitos, noseeums - bug spray and fabric sheets required

Huatulco, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Huatulco
Level Contributor
925 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

Hi westcoastfisherman,

We do a Weekly Huatulco Weather Report with the weather from last week, as well as the diving and snorkeling conditions (i.e. exactly what you're asking for):

http://www.hurricanedivers.com/1weather.htm

If you're interested in weather or water temperature, etc., for certain months or times of the year, go to our Weather Archives. The seasonal reports have graphics to easily find what you're looking for:

http://www.huricanedivers.com/1warchives.htm

Roberto

www.hurricanedivers.com

Victoria, B.C.
Level Contributor
134 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

Must depend on where you're staying because we've been at the Gala in March 2 times and haven't had any problems with bugs~never used a bit of bug spray or fabric softener sheets. I'm thinking that it could also be because by then things are very dry and the bugs just aren't there. There are some that look like a little black fly with hairy legs but they didn't bite at all.

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

Ha sun and ski thanks for the info one more question what's the fabric sheets for ? thanks westcoastfisherman.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
968 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

wondering the same thing???

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

Apparently the fabric sheets help repel bugs -- never tried it myself. I think you're supposed to put it in your pocket or something.

More about this on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150789-i740-k9202…

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

Thanks for the info on the fabric sheets I have never heard of that before, we were in the Mayan feb of 06 and never had any bug problems, I guess every where is different. We have a company here on Vancouver Island that makes a mom&pop home remedy for noseeum's and black fly's . I use it up north hunting where the black fly's will eat you alive it works great I think I will carry some of that along as well.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

Ok, I have to ask - what is a noseeum? Is this only a Canadian term or am I just not in the know?

Bruce Peninsula...
Level Contributor
387 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

Hi trw52176, They are bugs that bite, and you don't see'm eh? LOL!!!

10. Re: weather & water temps for the month of March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco