We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re: activities in huatulco

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
re: activities in huatulco

Hi, just got back from booking the Gala in Huatulco Mar.2 and we are very excited. My husband likes to do lots not just sit on the beach. Are there any zip-lines,eco tours that anyone knows. I know we will be booking with Hurricane Divers for snorkeling and bay tours. Also, does anyone know about the beach at the Gala? Sorry so long winded , next time I'll do point form. Any info much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Hurricane Divers
Hurricane Divers
121 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: re: activities in huatulco

The beach @ the Gala is very long and is shared with the barcelo as well as a couple other smaller resorts, From what i could see there were very few pedlars and as long as you got to the beach early enuff you could grab an umbrella as usual the water is perfect.

As far as tours go there is so much to do you will just run out of time another couple that we were with went on the croc + turtle adventure as well as the coffee plantation tour, some other folks also went on the Mezcal tour and said when they left they were rather drunk because of all the free samples. The ATV tour through the jungle apparently was not all that great to many ATV's plus not moving very fast and in the +34 heat in the jungle it can get rather stuffy quick.

My wife and i just got back and wish we were still there.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: re: activities in huatulco

We just booked at the Gala for Mar 2nd too.....can't wait. We plan to do the snorkeling, bay tours with Hurricane Divers but we are not sure if we should book online or book when we get there.

Mentioned in this post
Hurricane Divers
Hurricane Divers
121 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re: activities in huatulco

thanks for all the info. We were going to wait till we got to Huatulco to book Hurricaine Divers as were not sure which day we'll feel like going. Does anyone know iif there is any trouble booking if we wait ?.Hey favabean maybe will see you at the swim up bar. March seems far off right now, but so looking forward to it

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: re: activities in huatulco

They are very flexable as to the booking days just go and see them on the beach in Santa Cruz ask the taxi to drop you off @ the beach entrance walk around the front and there you will see Hurricane Divers entrance way.

Mentioned in this post
Hurricane Divers
Hurricane Divers
121 Reviews
Huatulco, Mexico
Castlegar
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: re: activities in huatulco

Hi, loved Huatulco and wished we were still there. There is a zip line , not very big - we were going to go but ran out of time. I think it is run out of the same place as the horses and atv jungle tour. Another couple did the atv jungle that took them to two beaches that normally could only be accessed from water - they really enjoyed it. We went with hurricane divers - prebooked, but both other couples waited to book once there and had no problem. You will not have a problem finding something to do. We stayed down from the Gala, it is a nice stretch of beach - water in front of Gala is definitely calmer. I did experience a nasty sting our last day there, in the water in front of Crowne Pacific. I don't think this is a usual occurrence though, but I personally in future will wear water shoes. You will be able to book activities at your hotel, on the beach, and with the tour companies at their store fronts in La cruceita. Stay away from Rolando on the beach - a couple at our hotel did not get the tour they paid for. Have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
617 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: re: activities in huatulco

If you really want to go out with Hurrince Divers I suggest at least contacting them now and seeing how busy Roberto feels he is going to be for the time you are in Huatulco. They may or not be able to accomadate you if you wait, and it does not cost any more to book in advance.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
617 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: re: activities in huatulco

If you really want to go out with Hurrince Divers I suggest at least contacting them now and seeing how busy Roberto feels he is going to be for the time you are in Huatulco. They may or not be able to accomadate you if you wait, and it does not cost any more to book in advance.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: re: activities in huatulco

You may wish to book with Hurricane divers in advance as they will give you a discount for booking at least 2 weeks in advance, give you a further discount if you book for 4 or more people, and you'll get to pick from the menus for your lunch.......pick the marinated chicken breast and the BROWNIESSSSS, mmmmmm brownies. you may wish to book for about 3 or 4 days after you arrive to become acclimatized. We did and this trip was the highlight of our vacation............bring LOTS of sunscreen and reapply throughout the day...... Hey , I'm even wearing my Hurricane divers hat as I write this.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: re: activities in huatulco

thanks for the info. I will e-mail Roberto at Hurricaine Divers. I'd hate to go and then find we couldn't book.

Huatulco, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Huatulco
Level Contributor
992 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: re: activities in huatulco

Hi Everyone,

For February and March we already have many bookings and many days are already full, especially our All-Day Excursions. This week and next week for example, we're pretty much booked. We keep the groups small and once our boat is full we do not take on any more reservations for that day. We like to keep it personal and we only do these excursions Tuesdays through Fridays.

This season so far, we had to dissapoint many people who did not book well in advance. I would really recommend you book at least a few weeks in advance, to make sure you can come out with us.

Hope this helps,

Roberto

email@hurricanedivers.com

www.hurricanedivers.com