We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
763 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Does Las Brisas area of Manzanillo have a good beach?

We are looking at renting a house in Las Brisas area of Manzanillo. Can anyone tell me about this area? Is it a nice beach, particularly for boogie boarding? Near good restaurants, etc.? Thanks for any info. you can provide.

pa.
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Las Brisas area of Manzanillo have a good beach?

Restaurants yes, good beaches for boogie boarding is questionable.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
763 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Las Brisas area of Manzanillo have a good beach?

jwander - why do you think it wouldn't be good for boogie boarding?

pa.
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Las Brisas area of Manzanillo have a good beach?

I have stayed in Las Brisas as well as other parts of ther area. I spent a week at a condo on the beach at Las Brisas about 6 blocks north of the sailboat scukpture. Just little waves. It is beautiful but not a good boogie boarding area in my opinion. My last 4 visits I stayed in the Santiago area which has much better waves. Alot of it has to do with the actual physical structure of the two bays. Anyway, you can't go wrong a for week of great relaxation if you go to Manzanillo.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
412 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Las Brisas area of Manzanillo have a good beach?

We just returned from the area (Karmina Palace beside Las Hadas). I don't know exactly where you are but Las Hadas resort has a nice beach (not good for boogie boarding though and only for their guests!) but the other small beaches are questionable, quite an undertow we hear in some areas.

The beach in the area for swimming and boogie boarding is Miramar Beach--in the Santiago area. We went there twice during our stay, great waves, lots of boogieboarders, bars, flea markets, outdoor restaurants....

If you are near the main road (there is only one really!) you can easily catch the city buses. The ride is 50 cents US and drops off right there. From our hotel it was about a 20 minute ride, a little shorter if you took a cab ($6 each way from where we were). You can rent 4 comfortable sling type beach chairs, a huge beach umbrella and a table for the day for $8 US. This would be your best bet. We really enjoyed the days there.

Hopefully this helps.

5. Re: Does Las Brisas area of Manzanillo have a good beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 23:17