We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Real Resort

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
4 posts
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Real Resort

We are a group of four considering going to Manzanillo and staying at the Gran Bahia. How does this place compare to Nuevo Vallarta? How are the rooms, beach etc. We aren't big partiers so aren't looking for night life, just at relaxing holiday somewhere warm. Also any suggestions for tours to take.

Guelph, On
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Real Resort

this is a lovely newly renovated hotel. Rooms are very nice, views spectacular. Food is good, staff are wonderful. Restaurants need help though. Hotel and pool very crowded with locals on the weekends.

Manzanillo is gorgeus with cobbled streets and mountains. Very strong current on the beach, not possible for swimming.

2. Re: Gran Bahia Real Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2005, 15:21
manzanillo, mexico
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Real Resort

This used to be the Hotel Sierra and was bought some months ago. They repainted all the exterior but I do not know about the interior. The hotel is very busy right now for Chritmas, many from the US and Canada. I saw the beach last Monday at 6.30pm just as it was getting dark and there were many people still enjoying the ocean - the beach is big enough to not get really crowded.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Real Resort

Stayed here several years ago. It is a great relaxing resort.

The beach is great and does not get crowded, the food was good, and the pool staff was entertaining.

We walked over to the Las Hadas, shopped downtown, and rented a VW for a day to see real Mexico.

I would recommend this hotel and would go back again.

Vancouver, BC
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Real Resort

I just came back the place is still in need of major renovations. They have only renovated a few rooms at best. Beach has a current not easy to swim in. The pool is packed. My friends stayed at Karamina its only 4 years old also Las Hadas is better as well...Plus Gran Bahia has no night lite whatsoever the club is open twice a week only. It is very secluded if you just want to relax.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
489 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Real Resort

Consider Las Hadas, which has much more character, particularly if you get one of the large suites away from the main building.You will pay more for food at Las Hadas, but overall, I believe you are getting one more * than the Real. If you want a new hotel, then check out the Karmina.

Manzanillo has more charm than PVR, and also has wamer nights, by 5-10 F.

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo