We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karmina Palace Questions

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Karmina Palace Questions

We are leaving tomorrow for Karmina Palace. Can anyone help me with directions to the nearest or best working ATM. Also directions to the nearby Walmart would be helpful. If you answer quick I promise to have a drink or two in your honor.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karmina Palace Questions

Hello Kidney

Although I have not been to the Karmina yet, we will be there in 12 days.

I have been reading a lot about the resort and the area.

The Barcelo website states that there is a ATM on the property.

And I did read somewhere that the Walmart is close. 4 blocks away. I am sure if you asked the front desk, they would tell you the best way to get there.

Hope this helps a bit!!

Have a great time. Please fill us in when you get back.

And I will have DOS CERVESA!!!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karmina Palace Questions

The Wal-Mart is pretty close; basically if you go out the front gates (long walk through the golf course at the front of the property) and turn right, it's about four or five blocks. It's just the walk through the golf course that will take you some time. Should be a fairly cheap cab ride, though!

There are a couple of ATM's around; I've heard that there's one in the lobby, but haven't seen it for myself to know for sure. When were in Manzanillo last year, we just stopped at the ScotiaBank that's on the main road on the way Miramar beach. It's on the north/east side of the road; you can't miss it!

We'll be there from the 15th to the 29th! Have a great trip!

Edited: 09 March 2010, 03:07
Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
586 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Karmina Palace Questions

Go out to madrid blvd. and catch a bus that says centro or commercial. The walmart is just past the mall commercial (south). You will find banks and bank machines down that way too. Banks and machines aren't hard to find at all.

Depending on what you are looking for, I like sorriana better than walmart.

Sorriana is a mexican version of walmart.

Any cab will get you there and the price shouldn't be over $3 it's that close.

Enjoy!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Karmina Palace Questions

Walmart, Soriana and Comercial are within walking distance and you can really enjoy the walk.

As for the ATM's, dont ever use the ones inside a Kiosco or a Oxxo, the charge quite a bit. If you have Bank of American then Santander is the one that wont charge you because they are connected and you can take up to 6000 pesos per day and this is located in the main boulevard on the same area as Comercial Mexicana. Soriana also has around 4 ATM's that you can use there.

5. Re: Karmina Palace Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo