We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Trip

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
November Trip

We are researching for a new girls vacation spot. Pretty much been everywhere in Mexico, DR, etc.

What would it be like in Manzanillo in mid to late November?

We are late fifties looking for beach, pool, good food, shopping, and to meet a few new friends.

We would like A1 and clean...Suggestions? Are we looking at the right venue?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November Trip

From what I understand, the rainy season ends in October, so November should be all right, though I'm not sure.

Manzanillo is an absolutely excellent place to visit; my husband and I have gone there two years in a row, and will be going back this winter.

There are some great AI's - we've stayed at the Karmina Palace and the Tesoro, and enjoyed both - the Karmina is much quieter and more restful, while the Tesoro has lots of action and attracts a pretty young crowd.

The Karmina is my personal favorite, though the cost is a little higher than normal, but I've heard great things about some of the smaller hotels.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November Trip

November is a good month to travel in Mexico. Actually thats when i do most of my traveling during thanks giving week.As the previous poster already said the rainy season is over by then. But I will add this: the water is still warm, the blasted heat and humidity has dwindled considerably, and so have the mosquitoes. Now that doesn't mean that it wont be warm (expect mid 80's in the day low 70's at night) and that there won't be mosquitoes either.

Another vote for the karmina as it seems to fit your bill.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: November Trip

one more thing: TRhere is shopping available just not much when you compare it to other beach destinations in MX (PVR, ACA, CUN).

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November Trip

Is there any upgrading required, a preferred club as such?

What does it offer, and is it worth it?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November Trip

Sorry I forgot to mention, we are looking at the Karamina.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November Trip

When we were there in March, the sign in the lobby said $50.00 per person per day US for an upgrade to the Club suites. I think that gives you a higher floor, so a better ocean view, but I'm not sure there's any other benefit.

It wouldn't have been worth it for us to pay for upgrades, since we spent most of our time out of the room. That said, we were kind of intrigued with the idea of upgrading to a pool suite, where they have small pools right on the room's balcony.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: November Trip

Thanks everyone.

8. Re: November Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo