We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus connections

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bus connections

Hi,

I've tried searching this site and looking at various bus websites but can't work out whether this is straight forward or not??

Can anyone tell me if this is easy to do on busses? Will I need to book in advance? How long does each of these journeys take? What sort of time will they leave? Also are they direct services? Ideally I'd like to travel as quickly and comfortably as possible!

Acapulco - Zihuatanejo Monday 6th December

Zihatanejo - Manzanillo Thursday 9th December

Manzanillo - Puerta Vallarta Saturday 11th December

Is it possible to get to Puerta Vallarta in time for the boat to Yelapa, I believe the last one is about 4pm.

Any advice or tips greatly received!

Thanks

Not sure if I've posted this too many times as I've put it in each of the relevant forums - I'm a bit of an internet idiot!

Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
585 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus connections

http://www.seatosierra.com/where/tra_b1.html

This is Barra Nan's web site. She has posted it on this site earlier. She is a wealth of information!

Also log into www.tomzap.com and check out the comments there.

Lots of info and good place to ask questions as well as here!

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus connections

OK Acapulco to Zihua. A piece of cake. buses at least once a hour all day long

Zihua To Manzanillo one a day I believe now leaves around 4:00 but check when you arrive in Zihua.

PV to Manzanillo- probably arriving before 4 (have the driver let you out in Old Town) but Barra Nan will know for sure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus connections

Thanks Peddler665.

I have the PV to Manzanillo schedules on line but not the Manzanillo to PV schedules. However, I do know because I have used it to get to PVR in time for a 3:30 flight that there is a Cihuatlan Plus first class bus that leaves Barra at 9:15 am headed for PV where it arrives in old town (PV Centro) around 1:00 pm. That would leave Manzanillo main bus station round about 8 am, perhaps 7:45 ish and it would get to the Santiago stop a bit later. Gives you an idea anyway. Unfortunately the Cihuatlan Line are not on line.

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bus connections

Thanks BarraNan,

I've found plenty of bus schedules from PV to Manzanillo but hadn't found any going the other way! Do you think I'll be able to get the concierge at a hotel to phone up and make reservations for me for the two busses or will I be able to turn up on the day and buy them? I'll have two days in Manzanillo before heading North.

Thanks everyone for the information so far. I really just want to be in Mexico now! :-)

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus connections

PS I took a second class bus (had A/C but no Banos) in March leaving Acapulco at 8:18 AM for 118 pesos. It's a lovely ride up the coast arriving at Zihua about 1:00 PM

The first class would be about a half hour faster,

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
534 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus connections

The two first class buses heading north to PV depart Santaigo bus station at 8:15AM and 12:15PM daily.

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: bus connections

Thank you to everyone for all the information I can't wait to get there.....

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bus connections

You should reserve your bus seats at least 2 days ahead of time. Going north, the left side of the bus will have some ocean views.

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
534 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus connections

In almost 3 years, now, I have not had one person return from the Santiago bus station heading north that has not been able to purchase a ticket on the spot!

We have ourselves traveled north and have always purchased our tickets from the lady at the station in Santiago, with no problems.

It may happen,, but I have yet to see it.

In fact, I have heard of more problems with prepurchased tickets than any other problems with bus lines in Mexico.

Most Mexicans "pay n ride". Makes life much simpler.

10. Re: bus connections

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo