We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Vancouver

Prince George...
Level Contributor
66 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from Vancouver

We are heading back to Manzanillo sometime in the New Year, and do not want to take a 1 or 2 week charter. We want to take a scheduled airline but would prefer one other than Alaska and not have to stop in LAX.

Is there another scheduled airline that will get us from Vancouver, or SeaTac to Manzanillo? No overnighters, we would like to arrive the same day we leave, and if neccesary, stop anywhere but LAX.

Thanks.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Vancouver

WestJet will get you in on a direct sched flight to PVR but not to ZLO. You can get into PVR at 4:17 pm at that time you can still get a bus to Manzanillo but it will be late when you get in.

You can also try America West/US Airways. They offer seasonal service to ZLO that routes through Phoenix, but I don't know if they also offer Vancouver or Seattle Phoenix flights.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
66 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Vancouver

Thanks for the tip. I checked out US Airways and they leave Vancouver with a stop in Phoenix. And better yet, they are about $100 cheaper than Alaska.

Now to settle on some dates.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
900 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from Vancouver

We are leaving Tuesday with Air Transat. We did not book an AI with them but are staying for 3 weeks at the Dolphin Cove Inn. We had a terrible time finding flights from Calgary. After originally booking with Mexicana Airlines and them going under we booked with Air Transat. It stops in Vancouver and then goes directly to Manzanillo. It was also almost $300.00 cheaper per person.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from Vancouver

look at AA and Continental out of Seatac

Edited: 31 October 2010, 01:12
Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
583 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from Vancouver

We booked air transat out of calgary for february and were pleasantly surprised. The flight was direct, resonable and we could have booked longer than two weeks.

When I was looking earlier at all my options, I couldn't find any flights that weren't over night.

Last year we had to overnight in Houston coming and going. We also had stops in houston, denver and finally great falls. That kind of flying makes for a very long day!!!

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
522 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way from Vancouver

Here's a Vancouver direct departing December 30 for a week for $249CDN + tax return. with CanJet

secure.redtag.ca/flights/flightSpecial.php…

Happy New Year!

Prince George...
Level Contributor
66 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way from Vancouver

Thanks for the tip on CanJet. I had originally gone to their site but had no luck.

We are now considering a two week charter rather than 10 to 12 days on a scheduled flight. That's a $500 savings! Hmmm, what will she bring home with those savings?

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way from Vancouver

I have never heard of anybody 'EVER' even considering leaving from the states from Vancouver. Would cost you more just to get to Seattle.

Even a basic search can get you there from Vancouver in Jan for 2 weeks from $199 plus tax

secure.redtag.ca/flights/flightResults.php…

Many people I know find it easier going to PV and then taking a bus because they are going to the Barra de Navidad, or Melaque area. Everyone is different though.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way from Vancouver

actually Canadians leave from Seatac alot, very common thing for BCers to do.

10. Re: Best way from Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 07:37
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo