We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to stay at Blue Bay?

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Is it safe to stay at Blue Bay?

Haven't booked yet but was leaning towards Blue Bay. Never been to this area but really liked the idea of being fairly isolated and seeing the beautiful scenery. However, I just read the post regarding Tenacatita and am quite concerned. Will the situation adversely affect the Blue Bay resort? If so, can anyone suggest an alternative?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,429 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to stay at Blue Bay?

We stayed there for a week back in 2008 and we felt very safe the entire time. (The second week we were in Barra de Navidad.)

We went on a few day trips at that time, too- to La Manzanilla, out fishing, to Tenacatita one day to snorkel and hang out, and then one day we walked over the mountain to Boca de Iguanas. No problems at all.

The hotel is quite secluded and a fair way off the highway, but it is gated and there is a security booth which is manned 24 hours. I would not be worried to stay here again.

Cartel members do NOT stay at this resort, it is far too shabby, lol!! Which would be my main caveat- the beach and area is beautiful, and it was a lovely and relaxing week...but luxury it ain't!!

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
515 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to stay at Blue Bay?

Not in the least. You will be VERY SAFE there.

Just leave your worries behind, along with the cold, and do enjoy your vacation at the Blue Bay.

Have fun!

Don

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,429 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to stay at Blue Bay?

I forgot to add- what I would do, if I snagged a really good deal there again, is immediately upgrade to a junior suite once there- they are far superior rooms.

OR, even better, upgrade once you get there to the sister hotel next door, the Punta Serena....much nicer! You can just request a tour over there at check-in and if it appeals, stay there.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
537 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to stay at Blue Bay?

the uncrowded beach looks too good to turn down doesnt it?booked for first week in feb. emailed for junior suite already risask :)

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,429 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to stay at Blue Bay?

awesome! Have a great time.

Try to get to Barra de Navidad to check it out, you might love it and then want to stay there next! The Costalegre is gorgeous.

here is a good site with pics and more info if you have not seen it?

http://www.costalegre.ca/Towns_&_Places.htm

6. Re: Is it safe to stay at Blue Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 07:33
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo