We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Botaneros

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Botaneros

We are heading to Manz on Nov 30th staying at the Tesoro

I'm interested in visiting some Botaneros

Is there any info on where the best ones are?

Thanks in advance.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Botaneros

at the risk of sounding stupid...What's a Botaneros?

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
124 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Botaneros

There was a posting by longjohn030 on Nov 16 heading "A different response to" which mentions a bontanero along with different places to eat.

A botana is a free snack, usually given out at bars or "botaneros" where as tradition dictates as long as you keep drinking the food is free. May I suggest you read Boogeying at Botaneros by Susan Dearing. I know I'm definitely trying a few out.

Enjoy!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Botaneros

oooo sounds interesting - thanks! : )

Beausejour, Manitoba
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Botaneros

I also read the Boogeying at Botaneros by Susan Dearing, sounds like a great way to spend happy hour, Manzanillo style.

Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
585 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Botaneros

There is also a botanero downtown manzanillo. Okay, I'm not totally sure you would call it a botanero. It's called the "bar social". It's pretty neat. To me it always looks like it's closed but it isn't. They feed you while you drink. It is probably one of the oldest bars in manz. Apparently hasn't changed since the 40's. My best direction to get there.......well, if you are by the jardin and the big blue marlin, face the town and walk to the left. Sorry for the sketchy directions but perhaps Nan can add.

Also, if you take a day trip and go to comala, the bars, botoneros feed you while you drink. All kinds of mariachi bands there too.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Botaneros

Whomever has come back already ...

Anyone find any good Botaneros while you were there - and if so where abouts???

Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
585 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Botaneros

There is a botanero over the bridge (santiago) going south on miquel de la madrid (main drag) called "Lak Melia". It is right next to a ford dealership, across from a golf course. A cab driver can get you there if you can't find it.

Also downtown manzanillo is an old bar called "Bar Social." It also serves appies with drinks. Neat old bar found near the sword fish in manz. Just ask someone. Easy to find.

Take a day trip to comala. There are a number of bars across from the square that serve free appies. with drinks. Also lots of mariachi bands playing.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Botaneros

Thanks Longjohn!

9. Re: Botaneros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 05:57