We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miramar Beacjh

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Miramar Beacjh

Last year we saw the beach but we are wondering is it a good place to spend the day , is there ( most importantly ) restaraunts by that i mean cold beer :)on the beach , can u get a table or chair for a few hours ???

I think I remember that u can walk a long ways on that beach and the surf is quite rough .

Thanks

FB

Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
585 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miramar Beacjh

Yes to all your questions. Has everything you would want to spend the day.

I might recommend walking around the bay to La Boquita. Great places to eat or just have a drink.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miramar Beacjh

Thanks

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miramar Beacjh

La Boquita is beautiful, and worth seeing, but if you find yourself not up to the walk, plant yourself at a table in front of El Tablao - cold beer, and some of the best food we've had in Manzanillo. Also, if you're eating and drinking, you won't get charged for the table, which some places along Playa Miramar will do.

I have a few El Tablao pictures here;

https:/…ElTablaoPlayaMiramarManzanilloMexico

Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
585 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miramar Beacjh

Good pics cowpie oops, cowtipper (I'm kidding with you)!

I probably walked by there every day and never even noticed it. Too busy with my head down looking for pesos in the sand. Looks interesting, I will have to try it next visit.

Our favorite Ramada at La Boquita is called Marildo's. We make a point of going a few times.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miramar Beacjh

Ah, mocked by a guy who either named himself after a pirate, or after a body part :) No worries, longjohn - it's all in good fun! We ate at Marildos this year, and were thoroughly impressed; they make some seriously fantastic garlic shrimp - worth the walk!!!

Roxbury, New Jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miramar Beacjh

Miramar beach is lovely to walk along and swim. We stay on the property at La Boquita and it is lots of fun however it is off the beach. You need to cross over a bridge and you are on the property of Palma Real which is where La Boquita is located. While on Miramar Beach, there is a lovely newer club called Club Oasis. Located in front of Club Santiago, cannot see the main street from this spot therefore offers some privacy . Owner is Diego and you can sit in front as long as you have some refreshments. They have a happy hour as well as dinner up above in the dining area. If you are lucky you can get to see a wonderful singer who sings a lot of Elvis songs. Hope you don't miss it.

Roxbury, New Jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miramar Beacjh

Walking around to La Boquita you'll pass the Club Oasis. We discovered it in February. Owned by Diego (who speaks perfect english, used to live in Colorado) You can use his chairs, tables, umbrellas, etc., as long as your having a beverage, eating, etc. Good food, great place to relax. Also plenty of good palapa style restaurants as you keep walking to the Palma Real Resort which is where we own timeshare. Diego's a good guy. Went back there several times once we found it.

Oops. Didn't see my wifes response, sorry. But is was fun...and good.

Edited: 06 August 2011, 18:24
Springfield...
Level Contributor
193 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miramar Beacjh

We are coming in for the day on a cruise and it looks like we might enjoy spending the day on Miramar Beach. I have a few questions if anyone can answer...

From the pier to Miramar... least expensive ways and/or quickest way there and/back ???

I read someone paid $10 for a table and 4 chairs for the day... what about 2 lounge chairs and a small table for drinks?? How far would we have to walk for a couple (or three or four) strong drinks? Can we purchase drinks at a nearby place and walk them to this lounge chair I want to rent??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as laying in a lounge chair, sipping a margarita, and swimming in the ocean off and on sounds like a fantastic way to spend half a day to me... and then go shopping, of course...

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Miramar Beacjh

Hi Yakadi!

From the pier to Miramar should cost about 200 to 220 pesos each way, and will be about a 20 to 30 minute ride, depending on traffic. Ask the cab driver to take you to the artist's market at Playa Miramar, or to drop you off near the El Tablao parking lot, which is about 150 yards south of the artist's market; from that parking lot, you'll have a selection of different restaurants to walk through.

All of those beachfront restaurants will also have beachfront umbrellas and tables - most of them will allow you to sit there for free, as long as you're drinking or eating. And they'll bring everything right to your table, so you don't have to lift a finger!

Here's a picture of the beachfront area in front of El Tablao (my personal fave, but not the only great restaurant on the beach)

http://goo.gl/ufjU9

Most of the beachfront restaurants are set up this way; the tables along some portions of the beach are serviced by the restaurants behind them.

Another great thing is, there are two areas to do a bit of souvenir shopping; the artist's market about 150 yards north up the beach, and another little indoor market about 50 yards north up the beach. (If you're standing in the water looking at the restaurants, both markets are on your left).

Here's a panoramic shot of that section of the beach, taken from out in front of the smaller indoor market. If you squint and cross your eyes a little bit, on the far left side of the picture, you'll see the white building of the artist's market.

http://goo.gl/md9Ui

The surf is lovely, and there's a place to rent boogieboards nearby; SUPER fun!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
193 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Miramar Beacjh

Thank you so so so very much!!

You have answered my question perfectly and this is absolutely what we are going to do now!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

We leave in 36 days for our 3-week vacation and this was the only place I had left to figure out some to-dos!!!

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo