We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miramar, Manzanillo

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nanaimo, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Miramar, Manzanillo

Does anyone know the closest food shopping to Miramar? Or how far Sorianas is? thanks

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miramar, Manzanillo

Hi there! Whereabouts in the area are you staying? I only ask because if you're closer to the south end, you'll probably get directions that go one way, and if you're closer to the north end, there are a few places that are better located. :)

There are a few little markets just north and just south of the beach. If you're looking to go to a one-stop shop, though, you can take a bus or taxi to Soriana and/or WalMart; from Playa Miramar; taxis in Manzanillo are fairly cheap, it shouldn't be more than 80 to 100 pesos each way to take you from Playa Miramar to WalMart, and 70 to 90 pesos to get from Miramar to Soriana, which is located, as I recall, at the end of Plaza Manzanillo, a mall just off the main road.

If you're looking for fresh vegetables and fruits, and are there on a Saturday, I totally recommend checking out the Saturday market; LOTS of lovely produce on sale all day long!

Sorrento, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Miramar, Manzanillo

Our cruise ship stopped in Manzanillo in January 2011 and we took a bus to Miramar Beach. We loved it and want to stay for the month of January 2012. Does anybody know how we can find a rental unit for one month? A hotel would be far too expensive. Thanks.

Sorrento, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Miramar, Manzanillo

Our cruise ship stopped in Manzanillo in January 2011 and we took a bus to Miramar Beach. We loved it and want to stay for the month of January 2012. Does anybody know how we can find a rental unit for one month? A hotel would be far too expensive. Thanks.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miramar, Manzanillo

Hi teddybear450 - I just PM'd you some information! :)

Also, for anyone else there thinking about renting a condo, here are the websites I used when looking for my condo for 2012. We ended up renting a place we found on vrbo.com.

www.vrbo.com

www.flipkey.com

www.ownerdirect.com/accommodation/manzanillo

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r5744

www.manzanillopacificrealestate.com/rent.html

Also, if you Google Manzanillo Condo, you'll find lots of listings. If you find two or three places you like, and want more info on neighborhoods, drop a message in the forum, here, and we can help you figure out what part of Manzanillo might put you closest to whatever you're looking for (beach, shopping, etc).

FYI - I have no affiliation with these websites - caveat emptor!

Edited: 25 July 2011, 21:56
Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
579 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miramar, Manzanillo

Fillinger, we always stay in the santiago area. When we need to stock up, we catch the bus down to soriana to get what we need and then catch a cab back.

Easier that way with groceries and all.

Once we have stocked with essentials I usually use the stores and market in santiago when we need meat and fresh fruit and vegetables.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miramar, Manzanillo

longjohn030 - where do you buy your meat? Just curious if there's a market you favor, or if you buy it at Soriana or WalMart. I'll be doing a (very) small amount of cooking while we're there next spring...

Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
579 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miramar, Manzanillo

If you are familiar with the town market in santiago, we buy our meat at a couple of places but usually across the street from the north-west corner of the market. People we know also recommend the meat market across the street from the south east corner.

I have never bought meat at the market, always across the street on the east side and north or south on that block.

I hope this helps and is not too vague!

8. Re: Miramar, Manzanillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo