We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Karmina Palace

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Karmina Palace

We will be at the Barcelo for two weeks in March 2012. Where on the beach is the beach volleball? How often during the day do they play beach volleyball? My husband is an avid beach volleyball player and is worried that's there isn't any beach volleyball - he hasn't seen any pictures. Can you help me put his mind at ease?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Karmina Palace

Hi there!

They do play some volleyball on a sandy area near the entertainment stage; it's not quite right on the beach, but it's in that general area. Both years we were there, they had a really hard time getting enough of a crowd together to play a full game, though. You might have to make friends and to a little recruiting. :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Karmina Palace

Thanx for the info. Hopefully my husband will be at ease now (lol). My husband is good at recruiting so he should be able to play at least one game a day.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Karmina Palace

Oh, for sure! I find if there's someone really gung-ho to play, you can always put a good crowd together. And I think if the games are well-attended, they'll just keep letting y'all play as long as you like, too.

If you venture off the resort and visit Playa Miramar, there's a volleyball net right on the beach, too, in front of one of the restaurants.

http://goo.gl/Zm1fw

If you've got sharp eyes, and you click the magnifying glass above the picture to zoom in, and scroll to the far right, you can see it, sitting there, forlorn and empty, waiting for you and your husband to get a game going! :)

Mentioned in this post
Playa Miramar
Playa Miramar
264 Reviews
Manzanillo, Mexico
4. Re: Barcelo Karmina Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo