We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photos with wildlife

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
winnipeg,mb
Level Contributor
200 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
photos with wildlife

I was wondering if they have people walking around the Karmina that offer to take your picture with an iguana or macaw or something. If anyone can help me out on this I'd appreciate it. I got a picture done in the Riviera Maya with an iguana and my kids thought it was so cool so they'd like to do the same.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
525 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: photos with wildlife

We never saw anyone @ the Karmina doing that while we were there.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: photos with wildlife

It is my understanding that Iguanas are now protected so no private ownership.You may see someone doing this as not all obey laws.

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: photos with wildlife

The best option to get one with an Iguana is to go to the Iguana Sanctuary in centro. The owner does have one that he raised that he lets people hold. Otherwise I don't think there is anyone around here that does something like that.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: photos with wildlife

I second the idea of taking a visit to the Iguana Sanctuary - it's just really cool to see those iguanas hanging out all over.

But, in fact, you may not need to leave the hotel to see iguanas, as the Karmina has a few fairly large iguanas living on the grounds. Small ones, too, but some very big guys.

The smaller ones are pretty shy, but the older ones are not above taking melon from strangers. My husband started snagging a couple of extra pieces of watermelon and cantaloupe from the breakfast buffet, and holding on to him until he saw one of the iguanas trotting by.

Toss melon, pose next to (but at least 3 feet away from) eating iguana, get the picture, and move away. You'd never want to touch or hold a wild iguana, but it's totally possible to get some really cute pictures with them.

For those who would prefer NOT to see an iguana when visiting the Karmina, just don't look for them; with one or two exceptions, they keep hidden and out of the way, and the exceptions want nothing to do with you, unless you're tossing melon chunks in front of them. :)

nw
Level Contributor
27 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: photos with wildlife

a few years back tthere used to be a guy at Playa Miramar with a large iguana you could hold and photograph

6. Re: photos with wildlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo