We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiago Bay-

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
Santiago Bay-

Anyone stayed at Santiago Bay area (Olas Altas area)

Are there restaurants near by, (walking distance) and beach side eateries and bars?

Is the town open late or close up early like some of the other smaller villages?

Thanks

Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
581 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santiago Bay-

We stay in the santiago bay area every year.

The town shuts down fairly early but there are restaurants within walking distance of olas altas.

There are restaurants north of olas altas along miramar but we have never eaten at any of them so don't know too much about them.

Margaritas is just across from vista playa de oro. Haven't eaten there recently but it was nice when we did.

Schooners just over the bridge in santiago is supposed to be good but haven't eaten there since it was Rosalba's.

Juanito's in santiago is good.

The seafood ramadas in santiago bay (la boquita) is one of our favorite places to walk to and eat. They seem to shut down fairly early. Marildo's is our favorite.

There is a small restaurant at the back of hotel real posada in santiago that is very good and stays open late.

There are also a number of good restaurants past the entrance to karmina palace along blvd. miquel de la madrid.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions from others on this forum.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santiago Bay-

Margaritas will be about the closest beachfront restaurant to Olas Atlas; you should be able to walk right along the beach and get to it. Beyond that, about half a kilometre or so, there's another row of beachfront restaurants (El Tablao is a particular favorite of ours). Beyond that, as longjohn pointed out, Marildos is a great place to eat.

On the streets around Olas Atlas, I'm pretty sure there are a couple of good roadside restaurants; there were a couple of places we've driven by that are ALWAYS full, day and night, which is a pretty good indicator of good eats.

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santiago Bay-

I've heard Margaritas is pretty good but I'd suggest walking on the road from Olas Atlas. There's 2 spots where the rocks go out into the ocean and it makes it hard to walk around on the beach. Santiago has some nice places to eat and they're all within walking distance. Juanito's is good for breakfast as well as Tanilo's & Carlos'. Sam's has great torta's and pizza. Schooner's is another favorite of mine in the area. I've heard the restaurant at the back of the Real Posada is good but I haven't eaten there myself. Most other restaurants are a short cab or bus ride away.

Most small shops close around 6-8pm with restaurants and bars staying open later. Are you looking for some nightlife to enjoy or are you just looking at exploring in the evening?

4. Re: Santiago Bay-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo