We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Chilliwack
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
fishing

Do I need a fishing licence to fish from the shore?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

I know you don't need to acquire one when you go fishing with a charter, as all licenses and permits are provided as part of the charter, but I'm not sure about shore fishing. There are a bunch of locals who participate in the forums; one of them is likely to have more solid info!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

No permit is required for shore fishing.

Mexican federal law does require that everyone on a fishing boat have a fishing license. This law came into effect January of 2008, prior to that a charter license for the boat was all that was required but that has all changed. In my experience the law is rarely enforced, likely due to lack of man power, but it does exist and it has been enforced randomly in the past in the Barra de Navidad area.

Quote from the CONAPESCA site "When operating a boat that carries fishing equipment in Mexican waters, it is necessary to hold a valid fishing license for everybody aboard the boat, regardless of age and whether fishing or not. A Fishing License is not required when fishing from land."

www.conapescasandiego.org/contenido.cfm…

The licenses are obtained from the local CONAPESCA office once in Mexico, or from the CONAPESCA office in San Diego at this link

www.conapescasandiego.org/contenido.cfm…

It is a huge pain in the butt to get the license in Mexico if you are here for a short time because the only way to pay for the license once in Mexico is to take the form from the CONAPESCA office (or their on-line site) to a bank and then go back to CONAPESCA - or log back into their site - with the receipt number for your payment to obtain the license.

3. Re: fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo