We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach for toddlers? La Boquita?

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burbank, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach for toddlers? La Boquita?

Hi! We're traveling to Mexico on the Carnival Spirit this Friday, and have a one day stop in Manzanillo. There's five of us, including a 3-year-old and a 4-year-old.

I'm thinking the best thing to do is take a cab to one of the beaches. We'd need calm water, umbrellas and lounges for rent, and good food options. Is Boquita the best bet for that?

Also, how much should the taxi cost and how long is the ride? I know the taxis line up at the pier, but is it easy to find a taxi cab at the bearch to take us back?

Thanks!!

KC

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach for toddlers? La Boquita?

Hi there - La Boquita IS probably the best bet for you; it has everything you're looking for.

The ride from the dock should take about 30 to 35 minutes. Most taxis in Manzanillo seat only three passengers, so you'll probably need to hop aboard a van or suburban.

All regular taxis in Manzanillo operate from set rates; I'm not sure how this works with the vans and suburbans. Still, I'd guess that it should cost around 250 or 300 pesos. The best way to know for sure is to ask the purser or concierge or whoever that person is who helps expedite tours (I'm sorry for my lack of appropriate terminology; my cruise ship knowledge is limited to The Love Boat). It's very likely that that person has a copy of the rate card, or they may have access to a rate board, similar to the ones seen out front of all the hotels. They look like this;

http://goo.gl/CW9du

That one is from the Karmina Palace, which is much closer to La Boquita than the cruise ship dock.

Burbank, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach for toddlers? La Boquita?

That's great, thank you! Ooh, also, I've read that gratuity is included in the fare - is that true? We don't want to stiff anyone. Awesome - thanks!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach for toddlers? La Boquita?

The regular taxis all operate on a fixed rate sheet that shows the amounts from zone to zone around the area. The flat rates don't include gratuity, that I know of.

BuffaloDon, another contributor here in the forum wrote the following description, which simplifies it a bit;

"The taxis here are regulated by a tariff rate that is from zone to zone. There are no meters. ALWAYS ask the price first. If you think it's too much, simply, politely, ask to see the tariff sheet. They all have them and must present them when asked."

I have a sense that the larger vehicles, like the vans and suburbans, may not operate off that same tariff sheet, though, so you'll likely be paying a bit more. It shouldn't be double or anything like that, though. Definitely, if your cruise ship offers dockside services, getting transportation should be one of the things they help with.

4. Re: Best beach for toddlers? La Boquita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2012, 10:30
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo