We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Manzanilo

Labroquerie,Mb
Level Contributor
73 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Manzanilo

Can anyone tell me what Xmas is like in Mexico ? What we can expect ? We r traveling with our four children ages 13,11,4 & 1. Also any tips on vacationing wth kids !!!

Edited: 21 November 2011, 15:23
Labroquerie,Mb
Level Contributor
73 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Manzanilo

Yikes !!! I meant Manzanillo .....LOL

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Manzanilo

If you're on a resort over Christmas, you'll have a fairly normal Christmas experience; there'll probably be a few special meals for Christmas Eve day and Christmas Day. Off the resort, there may be a couple of processions around town, and there are some lovely churches in the area, if you're observant and wish to go to mass.

Some restaurants around town open up and offer a special menu on Christmas day, but you may have to wait until you're down there to find out which restaurants will be open.

All in all, you and the kids will have a great time!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
503 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Manzanilo

I will be there over Christmas as well from December 21-28, travelling with my husband, 7 year old and 5 year old. I was curious about how busy the resort will be. I am hoping it won't be dead but also not crazy busy say like Spring break. I don't want to have to play the towel game and have to reserve a spot at 7:00 a.m. to get a decent spot by the pool. Has anyone been there over Christmas? Or can anyone speak to if that tend to be a busier time?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Manzanilo

In past years, I don't think it was terribly busy over the Christmas season, but we've been there when the hotel has been over 90% occupancy, and still haven't had to play the towel game.

That said, I noticed that folks at the Karmina are less patient with the towel game than in other places; if you stake out a seat at 7:00AM, and nobody sees you appear before 10:00, you may come down after lunch only to find your stuff folded and stacked in a neat pile nearby. It seemed to us that as long as people see a warm body on a lounger, they'll leave it alone, but a lounger that's clearly only being babysat by a towel is fair game.

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Manzanilo

Over Christmas it gets busier, but not incredibly busy like ChellyBelle said. The busiest time of the holiday season here is January 1-6 for New Years to 3 Kings Day. The next busy season happens around Easter for Semana Santa, or Holy Week.

6. Re: Christmas in Manzanilo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2012, 10:30