We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beef Market TIF

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beef Market TIF

Last year we were told of a Meat Market off Boulevard Miguel de la Madrid. I have an address on Oceano Atlantico. Never found it last year. Can someone give me some directions?? Heading from Las Hadas is it past the Soriana?? I know I turn left onto Oceano Altalntico, just not sure how far I have to go?? Thanks, and if anyone has been to this Meat Market, feedback would be appreciated. Two weeks to go!!!

Mentioned in this post
Las Hadas By Brisas
Las Hadas By Brisas
1,312 Reviews
Manzanillo, Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beef Market TIF

I'm not sure about the meat market you're referring to, but Oceano Atlantico is a fairly short street; if you turn left onto it as you're heading south on Miguel de la Madrid, you'll only have to go about four blocks until you reach the end of Oceano Atlantico, so if there's a meat market there, you should be able to find it all right.

It IS past the Soriana, also past the theatre. If you see a sports field on your left hand side, you've gone too far.

That said, there IS a meat market/flea market off Miguel de la Madrid, but closer to the hotel zone; Here's a cut and paste description from a comment FaolanMX left a couple of weeks ago;

There's a market 3 blocks off the main Blvd in Santiago. It has a couple shops that have clothes/other items but mostly it's fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, etc. To get there go about 3-4 blocks inland from the corner of Deposito Marthita (flickr.com/photos/…photostream).

Edited to add: click through the pictures in that photostream; it will give you a good sense of the kind of shops you'll see!

Edited: 15 December 2011, 14:49
Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beef Market TIF

I know which one you're talking about although I haven't been there myself. I know a few expats that use it. I don't know exactly where it is but the explanation I always get is "It's one block behind Tacos la Sonrisa." Tacos la Sonrisa is easily visible from the Blvd Next time I get down to that area I'll try to get better directions.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beef Market TIF

I've been there. It is on the same side of the street as Soriana, past Soriana heading towards las Brisas. It isn't far from El Capporal. If you can find this Oceano Atlantico street it is less than 1/2 half a block in from Madrid and will be on your left hand side after you make your left turn coming from the Las Hadis direction. Not sure you can make a left there though. I seem to recall needing to do a U-turn when coming from Barra.

One thing I have done more than once in Mexico when I couldn't find something the first time. Get close and flag a taxi to lead you there. I've never had a taxi driver say no except once when I was actually parked in front of the Famsa Bodega in Colima which is what I was looking for. They had no sign, just a big metal gate. That taxi driver just pointed and laughed.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Colima
Colima
Colima, Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beef Market TIF

I tried to make you a map but it didn't work.

Edited: 15 December 2011, 17:24
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beef Market TIF

Try this maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beef Market TIF

Thank you everyone....with all the imput I know we'll be able to find it this year!!

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beef Market TIF

The map works great. I just passed there coming back from Las Brisas today. You do have to make a U-turn at the intersection near Banorte bank. Drive back on the side portion of the road and take a right at Tacos la Sonrisa. It's 2 doors back on the left hand side and looks like a concrete barn kind of. Painted red and white with the company name on the building.

Lethbridge, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
622 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beef Market TIF

I'll bet they have the smoked pork chops. We get them at the meat market in santiago just across the street from the central market. You can get them as thick as you want and they are excellent!

9. Re: Beef Market TIF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo