We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining With A View

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dining With A View

Hola,

I will be staying at Karmina Palace and would like to spend an evening away from the resort for dinner. Can anyone recommend a restaurant with lovely ocean views (an great food :) ?

Thank you,

Dreams :)

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining With A View

It's going to depend on what sort of food you like best. One of the more popular places for views is L'Recif, but the old owners sold out a few years ago, so the food is purported to be a little less amazing.

Paraiso at Dolphin Cove is supposed to be pretty good, though the view is nearly the same as the Mexican restaurant at the Karmina.

We ate at Aguachile last year, which is right on Manzanillo Bay; the restaurant is about 30 feet off the shoreline, so the sound of the surf is lovely, and we went close to sunset, so we could watch the sun set over the peninsula. Seriously great food!

Langley, British...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining With A View

I can't remember the name but there was a restaurant on Miramar beach that we loved. It might be called Margaritas? It is right on the beach and has a triangular deck jutting out over the ocean. Amazing sunset views!

(Have a shrimp taco appy for me!!)

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining With A View

I'm going to agree with Tina that Margaritas will probably have one of the best views. There's another small lounge called ZLO that's not far from Margarita's that I've heard is good also. I haven't eaten at either place so I don't know what the food is like.

L'Recif closed last year and hasn't been opened again.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining With A View

Oh, yeah, Margaritas is absolutely lovely! Can't believe I forgot it!

I suppose I'm not surprised to hear about L'Recif; the change of ownership didn't sound like it went very smoothly.

Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining With A View

Thanks everyone,

Is the Bistro Marina formally known as L 'Recif?

Dreams.

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
519 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining With A View

Yes Dreams, the Bistro Marina/Marina Grill is in fact one and the same as the L 'Recif crew.

cudworth
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining With A View

We would not recommend Margaritas as we were served raw chicken there last week. Hubby very sick for a few days.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining With A View

Could someone give me directions to the Aguachile Restaurant? We'd be coming from Pacifico Azul condo's.

Thanks!

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining With A View

Hit the main Blvd and take a right (towards Las Brisas). You'll see La Huerta on the right with a big Neptune statue out front. It's 2-3 buildings past that. Probably about a 20-30 minute walk or a short ride on the bus.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining With A View

Thanks FaolanMX!...I did a google earth browse and I think I found it...I definitely know where La Huerta is. So is that the Caporal botanero across the street from La Huerta?I read in a previous post it was close to Karmina?

"El Nuevo Caporal is very close to the Karmina Palace (right across the street) & La Ka Melia is just down the street."

I'm confused..lol

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo