We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi fi at the Barcelo Kamina

Goderich, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Wi fi at the Barcelo Kamina

Can anyone tell me the cost of the internet.? Is it cheaper in the lobby or can you get it in your room. What are the best solutions?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi fi at the Barcelo Kamina

In the lobby, wifi is free and fast. In the room, it costs about $14.00 us per day, as I recall.

I found the lobby wifi a bit faster, all things considered.

Several people claimed to have no trouble connecting to the lobby wifi from their balcony, but we haven't had luck with that at all.

Goderich, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi fi at the Barcelo Kamina

Thank you so much for the info!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi fi at the Barcelo Kamina

Chelly -

if you get the $14 a day wireless, do they just give you a password/code to enter into your wireless device?

Can you use more than 1 device under the $14 a day agreement? (e.g. my son's iPod AND my laptop or iPad)

OR is the $14 a day room internet not wireless but "wired" to the room and wireless is only in the lobby?

Thanks! ~freezing

Edited: 03 February 2012, 00:16
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wi fi at the Barcelo Kamina

All the internet in the hotel is wireless, even in the rooms. In the lobby, the wifi is just a simple, unsecured wifi connection.

To log into the paid wireless in your room, you turn your computer on in your suite and open a browser; you'll automatically get taken to a window that offers to sell you internet.

After you enter your credit card info, you'll be given a password, but you can only use the password on one piece of equipment at a time. So if you log off your laptop, you should be able to use the same password on your iPad, and when you log off there, your son should be able to use the same password on his iphone.

That's how it's explained on the page that pops up, but we actually had a bit of trouble making it work between my laptop and my husbands, last spring. Likely, if we hadn't been distracted by lunchtime, we could have figured it out, though. :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wi fi at the Barcelo Kamina

Fantastic information Chelly! Thank you. Now to figure out how to win the fight for the internet access with my son.....

:) freezing

6. Re: Wi fi at the Barcelo Kamina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 10:25
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo