We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manzanillo or Ixtapa

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Topic
Manzanillo or Ixtapa

Looking at booking for first part of march.Can anyone comment on the good and bad of each. I am sure there is not much bad. How big are these town cities? Also is there any spring break problems. We are mid fifties and past the party stage.

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
522 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manzanillo or Ixtapa

I will bet you that if you come here, you will want to come back here next year...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manzanillo or Ixtapa

Ixtapa is built for tourists Zhuitenjeo is more authentic Mexico very close as you say both are nice Manzanillo is way more laid back that having been said you cant go wrong with either choice . Not much for spring breakers in Manazanillo or Ixtapa both are excellent choices having been to both I prefer Manzanillo as there are less tourists and more time to relax .

JMHO

FB 3 MORE DAYS :)

DONT TAKE THAT BET YOU WILL LOOSE :)

Edited: 17 February 2012, 15:53
saskatchewan
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Manzanillo or Ixtapa

Thanks for the quick replys, what do you suggest condos of allinclusive.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manzanillo or Ixtapa

Personal choice really, we stay at Las Hadas grand old resort that is usually about 1/2 full if your lucky the result is peace and quiet and no big crowds , busier on weekends with the local people who arrive for a weekend vacation but really nice and clean and one of the last really grand resorts you will ever see as they tend to get replaced by big box chains .

Morelos, Mexico
Level Contributor
337 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manzanillo or Ixtapa

Ixtapa is in a "designated tourist area" ---built by the Mexican government for tourism. Say no more! I prefer Manzanillo.

Just got back from Las Hadas and it is still a "grand old resort".

It is very quiet and very relaxing and not for party animals.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Manzanillo or Ixtapa

Ixtapa-Z is a great destination; but I much prefer Manzanillo!

Also consider the weather, and your warm weather preference.

For me, Puerto Vallarta, with 50 F nighttime lows (often) is too cold!

Ixtapa; often 75 lows to 90F is too warm!

Manzanillo 65 F lows to 85 is "just right"

ALL INCLUSIVE?........A matter of individual preference; I like a variety of restaurants and menus; such as Italian food at Puerto Fino watching the big waves rolling in!

But for travelers that often run up a big bar tab; AI makes a lot of sense.

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
522 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manzanillo or Ixtapa

Manzanillo has the most moderate climate in all of Mexico with many different holiday options here.

Enjoy Manzanillo!

Hasta luego!

bd

8. Re: Manzanillo or Ixtapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo