We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Tide

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
509 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Red Tide

Just to let everyone know that red tide has been detected in Manzanillo, so avoid eating oysters and other shellfish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_tide

bc
Level Contributor
221 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Tide

Hey Don, does that mean at restaurants also?? And also how long does red tide last? We will be going down very soon and was wondering. I usually eat shrimp alot when I'm there and was wondering about restaurants. Also buy fresh for bbqing from Commercial Mexicana. Thanks for the heads up!

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
509 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Tide

The duration varies, but a week or more is normal. it's monitored here all the time, so it will be in the news paper when it's ok again.

Almost all the shrimp here are fresh water farmed so no worries, but other shellfish should be avoided. It's better to be safe than sorry. There are lots of other options available.

Enjoy ..

bc
Level Contributor
221 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Tide

Thanks Don, shrimp or no shrimp. Red tide or no red tide, can't think of any other place I want to be. lol Will be sure to enjoy!

4. Re: Red Tide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 10:29
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo