We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluebay Los Angeles Locos

Lumby, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bluebay Los Angeles Locos

First timers to Manzanillo and am looking at staying at the BlueBay Los Angeles Locos. Anybody been there? Anything we should know before we book? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Manzanillo
Manzanillo
Colima, Mexico
Los Angeles Locos
Los Angeles Locos
490 Reviews
Tenacatita, Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluebay Los Angeles Locos

Blue Bay is a fairly nice resort, from all I've heard, with a really great beach, but it's actually not in Manzanillo; it's around an hour and a half north of the city.

There are a couple of very pretty little towns nearby; Tenacatita is closest, and Barra de Navidad is about 25 minutes away. Neither is particularly touristy, but by all accounts, they're very friendly places with some great restaurants and some shopping.

You can get to Manznaillo by bus or, I think, taxi - bus is far cheaper, and I've heard there are some pretty nice first class busses that make the run up the coast.

Mentioned in this post
Manzanillo
Manzanillo
Colima, Mexico
Barra de Navidad
Barra de Navidad
Costalegre, Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,978 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluebay Los Angeles Locos

Funny timing, I have just been PMing with another poster about this hotel, they are looking at staying there this coming winter.

We stayed there years ago, here is my trip report on the hotel and the area:

playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/48245-riss…

It's fairly isolated, but there actually is a lot of little day trips to do in the area, which is just gorgeous. You can take a cab to La Manzanilla or to Barra de Navidad or Melaque for the day. Maybe 25 minutes drive from the airport. The hotel rooms and some other areas of the hotel were pretty shabby, but apparently things have been improved since we stayed there. (?) Food was suprisingly decent for a thee star (I would call it a solid three star by MX standards). We would go back, mainly for the beach, very pretty swimming beach, great for long walks down to the river mouth and back. And you can take kayaks out to the rocks to the north and snorkel or fish from them. :)

Mentioned in this post
Barra de Navidad
Barra de Navidad
Costalegre, Mexico
Melaque
Melaque
90 Reviews
Barra de Navidad, Mexico
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
563 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluebay Los Angeles Locos

we stayed at the blue bay 2 years ago... its a good place to kick back and get some quality beach time...thought the food was good..staff excelent,,especialy Jasime in the buffett restaraunt if shes still there..but a for us a week was enough

4. Re: Bluebay Los Angeles Locos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo