We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling?

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sicamous, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling?

Does anyone know if there is any snorkeling at Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos in Manzanillo? Not sure if we should pack the gear.

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
516 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling?

Blue Bay is no where near Manzanillo. I would pack gear, if you have it, to save time here.

The resort is near La Manzanilla, north of ZLO in the state of Jalisco. It's very isolated out there, but also very nice. We found the food there to be much more Mexican than other AIs with more sea food than most.

Have fun ...

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling?

I have not heard of any hotel having gear other than a group at the Karmina Palace. The Blue Bay is also about 90 minutes north of Manzanillo where you could rent/buy gear. They have pictures of activities like kayaking and boogie boards but you never know if that's actually their photos or stock photos that they use.

I'd say bring your own gear. It's best to have your own snorkeling gear anyway since it typically fits better than any rental gear you may use. It may be a hassle to pack and travel with but in the long run it will give you a much better snorkeling experience.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,463 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling?

We stayed there a few years ago, beautiful long and private swimming and walking beach.

but not really any snorkelling, although we did take the kayaks over to the rocks down by the river and snorkel over there one day. Also we fished for the kayaks too.

Gorgeous beach, they do regular turtle releases too at sunset, in the season.

waskesiu lake
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling?

we stayed there 4 or 5 years ago and did some snorkeling at the far right of the bay ( 1 mile from resort ?). we took a boat ride through the mangroves to get there and took a cab back. there is a nice beach there and half a dozen places to eat and have a drink. to the left of the palapas there is some fish and rock formations to see. the people there will show you as you can access it from the beach. having been to numerous carribean locations i could only rate it at a 6 out of 10, it was a good way to spend a day and it was better than no snorkling at all.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling?

The snorkelling at the end of the mangrove tour down the la vena estuary was at Playa la Mora, around the headland from Tenacatita beach and that entire beach area has been pretty much closed to the public since August 2010. The Blue Bay resort may still be willing to drop you off at the wharf on the lagoon at the end of the river, but the guards for the property only let people cross the land to the beach if they leave ID with the guards and also leave any liquor. There are no longer any restaurants or any facilities at all at Tenacatita for the public so even if the resort was willing to drop you off it wouldn't be much fun with armed guards monitoring your every move nor would it be very comfortable.

You could take a panga (boat) from Blue Bay by ocean and snorkel the coral reef at Playa la Mora from the boat though. In the past that snorkel trip by boat was offered for a fee at Blue Bay and they had gear but I'd bring my own if you have it.

Edited: 14 January 2013, 18:22
6. Re: Snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo