We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience with Colima surf side tours?

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
saskatoon
12 posts
Save Topic
Any experience with Colima surf side tours?

anyone go through the company Colima curf side for any of there tours, we are thinking about doing one of the surfing ones and the snorkeling one, just wondering about prices and how they were or if there are any other suggestions about surf tours or snorkeling tours.

Thanks!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any experience with Colima surf side tours?

We've done the snorkel tours with Pacifico a couple of times, and have always enjoyed them, but I'm not sure whether they offer surfing trips. I've heard that there are some pretty amazing surfing areas around Manzanillo, but haven't been to any of them.

Looks like CSS takes your skill level into consideration when they're picking a location, and they offer board rentals and whatnot; maybe try contacting them through their website and ask about prices.

We also have a Destination Expert, FaolanMX, who's probably uniquely qualified to give advice about watersports in the area - maybe send him a private message and ask him; he'd know a lot about surfing and snorkeling in the area, as well as what the local shops are like.

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any experience with Colima surf side tours?

For surfing there are 4 places in town that I know of. Colima Surf Side, Pako's Surf Zone, Secret Spot Surf & Skate and Santiago Surf & Repair. I don't have any recent first hand experience with any of them so all I have to go off of is what some of the "older" surfers in the area say.

I think CSS's snorkel tour is outsourced to someone else but I'm not positive on that. The places I know of for sure that do snorkeling are Pacifico that ChellyBelle mentioned, Scuba Shack and Aquatic Sports & Adventures. To adhere to forum rules I have to let you know I'm one of the owners of AS&A. The snorkeling has been good lately. The water has stayed warmer longer this year which has brought good visibility along with it.

There are also places to try Stand Up Paddleboards and Skimboarding. If you're looking for a land (air) based adventure the Natura Camp Zip Line is really fun. Just be warned that that's a little bit of a hike up a hill with lots of steps but 2 places to rest to catch your breath.

If you send me a private message with exactly what you're looking for and possibly a budget range I can help you find something suitable.

*edit* For some reason TripAdvisor is linking my company but none of the others. That's not something I'm doing to be biased. It's just something automatic I guess, honest :-)

Edited: 07 February 2013, 23:09
Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
509 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any experience with Colima surf side tours?

From continued customer feed back, Aquatic Sports & Adventures is number one under water. and Colima Surf Side is number one above the water

You will be back for more with both.

Have fun!

4. Re: Any experience with Colima surf side tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo