We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Colima

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Central California...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Colima

Would like to visit Colima City. Any input on best way to go...tour, car, bus?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Colima

I always suggest the tour, because I always get a better feel for a city if there is someone to point out historical landmarks. We did the tour with Tlaloc Tours a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed ourselves.

Central California...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Colima

Great. Will check them out when we get there.

thank you

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,411 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Colima

There are good coffee beans there.

4. Re: Day trip to Colima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2013, 14:35
5. Re: Day trip to Colima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2013, 15:05
Central California...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Colima

Thanks for the tour and coffee info!

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Colima

Another vote for Admire Mexico Tours here. They're the only tour company that I know of that's actually based in Colima. If you set up a trip with them they'll pick you up from the bus terminal and there's hourly buses going between Manzanillo and Colima during the day.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Colima

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good stuff about Admire Mexico, and if they're based in Colima, that's a good sign that you'll learn a lot about the area!

Central California...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip to Colima

Just the input I was looking for. Muchichimas gracias!

I'm into native crafts. Recommend any places in Colima or Manzanillo?

Colima, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip to Colima

While in Colima, a side visit to Comala is fun. There are "Botana" bars with good snacks and a great view of the volcanos. Several nearby shops sell "artesanias". The museum in Nogares is world class. Travel Happy!

And if you love masks - DON'T miss the workshop of Gorgonio Candelario in Suchitlan (8 km north of Comala).

Edited: 20 February 2013, 18:39
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo