We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atm in zlo?

San Frantastic
Level Contributor
947 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
atm in zlo?

I won't have time to get any pesos before I fly to Manzanillo on Friday. Is there an ATM in the airport there? My credit union does not charge foreign transaction fees, so I think that will be the way to go, instead of exchanging money at a kiosk. Thoughts?

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: atm in zlo?

There is one at the airport, are you staying at a resort? Some of the resorts have them as well, and there are lots of banks in Manzanillo that you can use their machine to pull money from.

I was down there Feb 19-26 and $1000 pesos cost me around $70 CDN at the ATM

San Frantastic
Level Contributor
947 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: atm in zlo?

Thanks for the quick response! I'm staying at a little (6 bungalows only!) place at the end of La Punta called Pepe's Hideaway. Pepe definitely does not have his own ATM. :-)

For some reason, I do not have my act very together for this trip. I have never been to Manzanillo before, and am glad there is this forum to get an idea of what to expect.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: atm in zlo?

The ATM in the airport has been known to be out of service from time to time, but there is a casa de cambio at ZLO that should be open when your flight comes in if you need to change a few dollars for a taxi. You will pass several banks with ATMs on your way to Pepe's from the airport.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: atm in zlo?

You'll have no trouble finding an atmosphere, just remember to make sure you have a four digit Pin number - if not, change it before you come south, because most of the machines down here only accept 4 digits.

Atm is definitely the way to go.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: atm in zlo?

lol! Autocorrect and tripadvisor do not mix well. Obviously, "atmospheres" was supposed to be "atms".

San Frantastic
Level Contributor
947 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: atm in zlo?

I just thought maybe that's what you called ATM's in Canada :-)

Going to arrive on Friday for my first visit to Manzanillo. Can't wait!

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: atm in zlo?

Yes - there is an HSBC Bank ATM in the airport (between arrivals and departures) although as someone said above it is occasionally out of service. A lot of the gas stations on the way in have ATMs although there are normally around $30 peso charges for withdrawal. You will pass HSBC bank in Santiago too and if you go just past the turning up to Pepe's Hideaway (Santiago Peninsula) you will find a Santander Bank on the next corner with 2 ATMS.

Have a great vacay :)

8. Re: atm in zlo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 06:18