We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

Hi, my family (group of 9 with 3 kids) were thinking of booking Wyndham Grand Bay for Jan. and the resort looks beautiful. The Golf and Spa options are the draw. However, my wife really enjoys the evening entertainment at some of the larger resorts we have stayed at (eg. Karmina Palace, Iberostar's, Riu's, etc.) and will be disappointed if there is no nightly entertainment on the resort.

We kind of alternate between the larger (some would say cheesier) resorts to more eclectic quieter resorts year to year. While I liked the Karmina, it will not be an option this time around.

So...the question is, can anyone who has stayed at the Grand Bay tell me what kind of evening entertainment there might be? I know we can go into Barra for a short ride, but with kids aged 6-8, it won't be feasible every evening.

Thanks in advance.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

The do have nightly entertainment similar to other AI hotels in the area, so there should be shows or live music or both, almost every night.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

Thanks ChellyBelle,

I know the package details state nightly entertainment, but went to a Sandals once that stated that and it was just a piano player. I like that kind of atmosphere, but I know the wife wants animation staff type entertainment (ugh). I know she'd be disappointed if there wasn't. I so want to go here because of the golf package, but need to justify it for the family lol.

Also a few of the reviews stated it's pretty dead at night entertainment wise. It might not be a deal breaker if there isn't, but if anyone else may have first hand knowledge that'd be great..

Edited: 26 October 2013, 19:40
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

I think that whether or not there's live entertainment, is generally based on what the occupancy of the hotel is - the more people in the hotel, the more likely it is that there will be the sort of entertainment your wife is looking for. I think it's hard to know for sure until closer to your travel date, though.

If the Grand Bay doesn't turn out to have what your family is looking for, fear not - most hotels in the area offer some sort of golf package, because Manzanillo is surrounded by some really excellent courses. Las Hadas has its own golf course, however, the hotel is generally kept at a fairly low occupancy, and entertainment is hit or miss, though the atmosphere is wonderful. You could try Tesoro, or Gran Festival, which will likely offer some sort of golf package, or Barcelo Karmina, all three of which have nightly animation staff style entertainment.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

Yeah I figure the entertainment will be pretty low key, considering it's only a 200 room hotel, and most it's history of normally not being an AI. We might just book it anyways. I played golf at Las Hadas Course last time, but really want to do the northern courses. The hotel looks very nicely situated.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

I will be there early December so I can let you know. We booked the resort for the golf as my husband loves to golf. I will be spending my time enjoying the resort and exploring the area. There has not been many recent reviews so I plan to write a detailed review when I come home. I may even do a "live from" report if there is interest.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

Thanks Keiki, yes an update on your trip to the resort would be appreciated.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

Hey Rocket29,

So sorry but I have had to changed my travel plans due to work and will not be going to the Wyndham Grand Isla Resort in December. Hopefully I will get to visit the area in the near future.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

An alternative idea; read the most recent reviews, or a review from the time of year you plan on being there. If their review is more than 500 words or so, there will be a little blue More link - click that, and then and at the bottom of the review, you'll find a link that says "Ask XXXXXX a question about Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos". You'll be able to send them a direct message.

No way to know for sure if they'll respond to you, but if you look at their posting history (on the left hand side of the review) you'll see if they're active participants on TripAdvisor - the more reviews and forum messages they have under their name, the more likely it is that they'll answer you, given some time.

Rocky Mountain...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

My husband and I are spending 2wks at Grand Bay in the very near future. Booked the golf for him and the spa for me :) Ill definately write a review on the situation!

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Entertainment At Grand Bay Resort?

Thanks everyone. Trip is already booked. I won't worry too much about the entertainment situation, but I will be keeping tabs on newer reviews and updates to this forum.

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo