We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Can't find YWG to ZLO on Redtag.ca or on the Air Transat site......no flights, no packages, as of today.....Saskatoon is still on the board, but Winnipeg is gone....

Mentioned in this post
Zlo
Zlo
3 Reviews
Manzanillo, Mexico
Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

For us, after they cranked up the price in Wyndham in October, we bailed on going to Manzanillo. Subsequent inquiries after the mysterious disappearance of Manzanillo on Red Tag and Expedia advised us that we would have to spend the night in Calgary on the way back if we wanted to go. We are instead going to Puerto Vallarta.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
675 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Love Manzanillo but...don't love it enough to pay outrageous prices and have to stay overnight travelling there .We found the differences in ZLO vs PVR to weigh in favour of ZLO but not for that kind of money .\

West Jet vacations and Transat were both about $1400 bux more than Sunwings prices to a comparable resort in PVR .$1400 is way too much to pay in my humble opinion .Save the money for next years trip .

West Jet is way overpriced as is Transat hopefully Signature/Sunwing remains on course with decent pricing for two week trips.

why would anyone pay 1400 dollars more be forced to change planes and stay overnight when they can save money fly direct non stop to a similar property in Mexico , the people have spoken and the flight to ZLO is now gone from Winnipeg , I will miss going to ZLO but am not willing ti=o pay those prices for the privilege of going .

Mentioned in this post
Zlo
Zlo
3 Reviews
Manzanillo, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

What a nightmare we were booked 2 months ago, now its cancelled, prices are high were ever you book rite now,if we paid 400.00 more each to transat we could go to puerta vallarta...what a farce.will never book another trip with transat and recommend anyone to either! Km

Edited: 09 December 2013, 02:55
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

That's really terrible. Are they giving you any option to get your money back?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Oh Yes we get our money back full refund.We were looking so forward to going there and planned way ahead of time.They should honour what they sold us regardless of the the price,I am sure I am not the only one in Wpg that booked this trip.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Huh - on Friday when I looked at their website, if you selected Winnipeg as your "Leaving From" city, Manzanillo didn't even appear on the list of potential "Flying To" destinations. I just looked now, and it's back there as a "Flying To" destination, though there are no vacations populated on it yet.

I wonder if they're going to have a reprise of a couple of years ago, where they cancelled direct flights from Winnipeg and replaced them with ones with layovers in Saskatoon.

Edited: 09 December 2013, 14:54
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

hope so.

Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Well, from what I've seen here on TA, there weren't many people from Winnipeg who booked with Transat this year......Let's see; Surge m.......marblesmom........jubilees.......that makes 3 out of YWG......so lets multiply that by 10 for the unknown lurkers......call it 30.....and factor in an error of 40% just for good measure......That would make only 50 vaction packages out of YWG for the ENTIRE SEASON.......And you wonder why Transat pulled the plug on Winnipeg..?? The travel agent at Ixtapa travel told me that sales for YWG to ZLO were virtually non-existent........

As FUBOB mentioned, we are not about to pay 700 dollars more per person for the "privilege" of flying into and out of Saskatoon on both legs of the trip......we'll just pass on that venture, thank you very much....

Mentioned in this post
Zlo
Zlo
3 Reviews
Manzanillo, Mexico
Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

If the prices are ok, we will be back to Manzanillo. I'd like to try Wyndham at Isla Navidad. Glad we didn't book and get cancelled. I'd be pissed.

They (AT) should be making alternate arrangements for you, and offering it at a discount for the inconvenience if your trip was cancelled. If I lost a day through added travel, I'd want a hefty discount.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Navidad
Isla Navidad
Colima, Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Well, to be fair, there are likely lots of folks that go south who don't even know tripadvisor exists, or that this forum exists. But I do totally agree - any Winnipeggers who don't want to deal with a layover, shouldn't!

To be honest, more than any other factor, it was our in-flight experiences with Transat that made us start finding alternative ways to get to Manzanillo, even though Transat flights to ZLO are pretty much always direct from Saskatoon. On the ground, the service is wonderful. In the air, it was somewhat less so, though I've probably complained about it enough already. :)

Mentioned in this post
Zlo
Zlo
3 Reviews
Manzanillo, Mexico
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo