We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Can't find YWG to ZLO on Redtag.ca or on the Air Transat site......no flights, no packages, as of today.....Saskatoon is still on the board, but Winnipeg is gone....

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

I have no problem with a layover,But I am not willing to pay another 2500.00 to get the 5 of us to Saskatoon and back. to get the flight we booked and paid for already. Transat should should eat that cost.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

This is Transats Response

Hi All, this is how Transat laid it out for me.

1. cancel with full refund, plus a 100. future travel voucher

2. pick the Iberostar Punta Mita (Puerto Vallarta) and receive 300. off per adult on todays system rates. (I'll send a follow up on rates)

3. pick any hotel in Puerto Vallarta and receive 200.00 off per adult on todays system rates.

4. pick any other destination with Transat and receive 100. off todays rates.

We are very sorry about the cancellation. Unfortunately the call outs department was only offering 4 compensation options, which were the options already mentioned to you. Nothing outside of that is being offered. All we can do for the Iberostar PVR is offer $300 off the system rate for their dates of travel, and if they still don’t want the Iberostar Puerto Vallarta, then I would suggest advising them to cancel with full refund and $100 future travel voucher.

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

I quess how good that deal is, depends on the rate at Iberostar PV. Probably a real nice resort. Ibersostar has a good reputation. Punta mita would be nice, and if you are adverterous you can catch a bus into Puerto Vallarta.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

We found what Transat offered us lower with the 200.off compensation.With itravel for the same hotel,rooms etc and same day flying with air canada,400.00 cheaper.I can t believe this.

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

So let me get this straight. The "deal" Air Transat offered you in compensation for your trouble, is worse than what you could get walking in off the street? I'd call CBC's I Team. They would love to do a story on this. Talk about leaving the customer in a bind.

(204) 788-3744 | iteam@cbc.ca

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Yes that is correct

I am at my wits end with this company.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Vowed never to book Transat after last years fiasco in Punta De Mita haD a problem at the resort they could care less .UnfortunatlEy the way the the travel agreement we commit to when we purchase your options are really limited .They pretty much control every aspect of your trip .You saved a lot of money booking early and now prices are way up they should at least provide the same vacation at a different destination but the paltry 100 vouchers are a joke and from Transats point of view it ensures that you still travel with them.

The customer service at Transat is the worst I have ever encountered in fact it was so bad I threw the 100 vouchers they gaveius last year in the trash not worth going with Transat when you get treated like this .

Hope everything works out for you folks .

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
38. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

I agree fully i called them this morning to see if they would match air Canada price.They said they wouldn t discuss this with me and talk to the travel agent we booked thru.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

Having dealt with a similar problem years ago my best advice is move on ...

Find a good deal if you can and start Planning to enjoy your vacation Transat and other companies do this a lot unfortunately its not worth ruining your winter travels.

Move on book a new trip start planning you can keep after Trashat if you want but odds are your beating a dead horse.

Come TO PVR this winter a good time is always had by all.

FUBOB

Edited: 10 December 2013, 19:44
Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Has Air Transat Discontinued Winnipeg to Manzanillo...??

It's the weirdest season. Price drop guarantees, and prices rising as time goes on.

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo