We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip - March, 2014

Toronto
Level Contributor
468 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Road Trip - March, 2014

I had to postpone a road trip (Guadalajara -> Taxco -> Zihuatenejo -> Playa Azul -> San Juan de Alima -> Manzanillo) that I had planned for March, 2013. I am now planning it for the first two weeks of March, 2014. In the past, it has always been fun to run into some other gringos during a road trip and match up for a couple days.

Perhaps, there are gringos who might be more inclined to undertake such a trip if they knew that there were "others" traveling the route at the same time?

jt

Toronto
Level Contributor
468 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip - March, 2014

The Mexican Secretariat of Tourism (Sectur) has identified 83 towns as being "Pueblos Magico" -- magical towns. I serendipitously stumbled across a couple of them in the past and enjoyed the visit. On this road trip of approx. 1800 km I am going to visit 3 more.

Guadalajara, Jalisco

Santa Clara del Cobre, Michoacán (Pueblo Magico -- copper smith)

Tlalpujahua, Michoacán (Pueblo Magico -- hand blown glass & custom Christmas ornaments)

Taxco, Guerrero (Pueblo Magico -- silver smith)

Zihuatanejo, Guerrero

Playa Azul, Michoacán

etc

jt

Edited: 11 December 2013, 05:22
2. Re: Road Trip - March, 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 06:17