We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

Does anyone know what the turn around time is from the time you land to arriving at the hotel, travelling with air transat?

Thanks

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

That's difficult to say, because it depends completely on customs lineup. Once you're through customs and out the airport doors, I'm going to venture to say it'll be about an hour and ten minutes or so - the ride from the airport to the hotel zone is about 40 minutes or so on a big comfortable bus - the time is spent waiting for everyone else from your flight to clear customs and haul their stuff to the bus.

Like any other airport, customs and baggage claim are the real time-stealers. As far as customs goes, we've been through in as little as five minutes, and then spent as little as ten minutes waiting for our bags to get unloaded. Other times, three planes have landed within minutes of each other, and the line has been 30 to 45 minutes long, and our bags are still not available when we're done with customs.

Longest we've spent in the airport was an hour and forty minutes. Least time we've spent was about 20 minutes.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

Thanks so much for your reply, meeting people at the hotel, just wanted to give them an idea of when we would be arriving! Let's hope for a quick turnaround!

ChellyBelle you seem to be quit the expert, you are answering most question on the forum, someone should be paying you for your time! :)

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

I'm just happy to have a place to talk about Manzanillo without driving my friends, family, and co-workers crazy. :)

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

It can be better to get a taxi when you get through at the airport, then you don't have to wait for everyone else to get through and on the bus and you don't get stuck behind a check-in line at the hotel which can be another hour and a half of your vacation.

If you know someone who lives here get them to come and pick you up

If not the taxi costs about $30US / $400MXN

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

LOL @ Chellybelle

'a place to talk about Manzanillo without driving my friends, family, and co-workers crazy'

:-D

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

=)

My coworkers are already pretty tired of hearing "packing for Mexico stories'. I'm trying to do a three week trip with nothing but carry-on luggage, so I started packing back in May, when I booked the flights. Everyone is pretty bored with the topic by now.

Manzanillo, Mexico
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

:-) haha. Nothing but carry-on? How?

Enjoy it when you finally get here. I have no doubt you will

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

Figuring out how to do carry on only HAS been a challenge, but I have to admit, it helps if the condo you're staying at has in-suite laundry!

WOO HOO 15 SLEEPS!!!

9. Re: Travel time airport to Barcelo with air transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo