We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Away from cruise ship traffic

Memphis
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Away from cruise ship traffic

Flying into Manzanillo for 10 days in Feb and want to stay out of the cruise ship tourist areas. Don't mind traveling further by bus to smaller towns. My budget is mid to low, I'm traveling solo - female, 56, eager to improve my basic Spanish! I'm interested in the local culture and local food, trail biking or hiking, walking and swimming at the beach. Not interested in night clubs or major shopping. Simple hotel with ocean or mountain views from the rooftop would be great, doesn't have to be 'steps away from the beach', just safe and comfortable.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Away from cruise ship traffic

Hi there!

You shouldn't have any trouble with cruise ship traffic - I know there are a few cruises who have added Manzanillo back onto their port list, but the port area is actually quite far from the hotel zone, so you don't see many day trippers from your hotel.

Are you looking for All Inclusive, or something with no meal plan?

All of the hotels in the area have excellent views, because the way the city is laid out, most hotels are beachfront or at most, one street off the beach. How important is being able to walk to/swim in the ocean - there are two large bays with hotels on them - Manzanillo Bay isn't swimmable for most of its length, but Santiago Bay is swimmable all the way along, though both offer excellent walking.

Safe, comfortable, and simple are excellent criteria - most hotels in the area offer that, at the very least. :) Help us narrow down what you want, and I'll give you a little list!

2. Re: Away from cruise ship traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo