We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

Wow, glad I stumbled onto this forum. My Husband and I will be at Torres Mazatlan for a week. We also need a hotel in town for 2 nights before hand. Any tips, advice? I now know, no all-inclusive. Love the spa ideas. Great food, SCUBA and excursion ideas are welcomed. We usually go to the Carribean side and thought to go outside of our box and try Mazatlan. Pacifico???

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

There are many, many choices and you will get plenty of suggestions I am sure. The Inn at Mazatlan, Pueblo Bonito, Playa Mazatlan, Las Flores, and more! To see the other side of Mexico (The real one, not the tourist resort side) consider The Posada Freeman in Old Mazatlan, or even the La Siesta. (Older, from the 1960's, but very clean.)

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

Great advice. Thank you. I've been going to Mexico since the early 80's. Honduras and Costa Rica. So excited to try something new. Any advice would be soaked up like a sponge. When you say Old Mazatlan, is that a different area all together? We got a great deal on the Torres for a week. Any suggestions on this resort? We want the most bang for our buck. Funny, I've been reading the forums. I'm a "stylist" and my husband is a massage therapist. We also like to bring supplies to the needy. School's or orphanages. Any suggestions. Thanks!!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

Ah, where to begin? Mazatlan is about 17 miles long spread along some of the best beaches on the Pacific Coast. Torres is at the northern end, Old Mazatlan is at the southern end next to the horbor. The bulk of the hotels I mentioned are in between in the Gold Zone. Each area is different. Torres is in a (Now) expanding area with a ton of new high rise condos. A beautiful property. Say 'Hi!' to Lani Wool, the food and beverage manager. (They have some good salads!)

The Gold Zone is Typical tourist stuff like you find in any resort. Lot of food, fun and drinks.

Old Mazatlan dates to the mid 1800's and besides the cathedral and the central Mercado, it has Plaza Machado which is a beautifull traditional Plaza with about 20 restaurants around it or within 2 blocls. Fabulous at night, all lit up!

If you want to do something really special, try one of the B&B's in old town. Casa de Leyenda's, Machado Hotel, just to name a couple.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

Woop's, forgot one (At least). The Melville. Botique hotel, VERY old Mexico! 3 blocks to the beach, 3 blocks to Plaza Machado. And yes, it is completly safe to walk around old town at night.

Mazatlan
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

If you've got 2 extra days, I would highly recommend a stay in Centro Historico (Old town). MY personal favorite is Casa De Leyendas and if you read the reports here on TripAdvisor, you'll find that everyone agrees. However, here are some other suggestions as well:

http://www.mesondecynthia.com/

http://www.casadeleyendas.com/

http://themelville.com/en/home.htm

http://www.olasaltasmaz.com/

All of these Bed & Breakfast style hotels are charming and much more fun that a "corporate" style hotel.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

Decided on the La Siesta Ocean View because of the rates. Leaves more money to "eat, drink and venture out on". The prices were great. I did LOVE all the B&B sites though. I have a feeling this will be a town we will want to revisit.

Any tips or advice on Scuba? Restaurants?

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

I've gone back in the posts and realize scuba is not high on the list of things to do.

What about hiring someone to come a cook at our condo? Any local advice on this?

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

Can't help you on the cook, but while at the La Siesta, stop by and say "Hello". My office (Mazatlan Homes) is next door to the recption desk.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

We sure will!! Thank you for your advice. It's people like you that ease the minds of travelers. I'm experienced on the Carribean side, but in need of all the help we can get on the Pacific side.

Watching the hurricane. Yikes! Catagory 5 is scarey.

Washingotn
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights. 2 adults (30's)

Hi - We just got back from Maz. and spent a night in town at the Casa de Leyendes (website below). It is a bed and breakfast located close to the historic district and 1 block off the mercado and close to the Freeman Hotel. We were two ladies and walked the area and felt very safe. The rooms are very large, each with its own bathroom, and with the rooftop deck, the views of the sunset are amazing. Price per night is very reasonable and you even get a cooked to order breakfast if you prefer. American owners helpful with ideas of sites and resturants. Joe was manager while we were there and what a great guy. Also ate at the Puerta Viejo located in front of the Leyendes. Great place to enjoy a beer and lunch or dinner. Highly recommend Casa de Leyendes.

www.casadeleyendas.com/the_contactus.htm

Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan