We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
first time

MY husband and i are due to with mazatlan in november. We are on a day's stop of from a cruise.

Is there anything we should not miss, any fine beaches, bars or places to eat. We are there from 8 am to 7 pm.

Any must do or must not do suggestions welcome.

thanks

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
473 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time

If I were you..I would catch a taxi to the cathedral then over to the mercado plaza, walk around the plaza..there is some shopping..a couple of museums ..the peralta theatre is down there also.. have lunch at one of the outdoor restaurants.. we always have the shrimp taco's ..really good..be careful with the cabbage slaw they serve as a side..unless you put a lot of lime on it it could wreck your stomach.. also nearby is a really cool market..it's fun just to wander in there.When wer'e at the Playa seems a lot of the "cruise ship people" are there..on the beach..that would be fun too.

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time

Shopping in Old Town in the morning, then take a cab to the Playa Mazatlan, walk north up the beach until you find a place that catches your eye and stop in for lunch and drinks, then keep wandering until you find another place for drinks and a dip in the pool.

Walk through to the front of the building to get back on the road and shop your way along the Golden Zone, have an early dinner on the beach, we loved Pancho`s, and then back to the ship.

Hmmmm, looks like I love Shopping and the Beach eh? LOL

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time

This is becoming my standard reply to a cruise passenger!

Personally I would hire a pulmonia (or taxi) from the dock on a downtown tour, making sure to include the market, the cathedral, the Machado (square) and the theatre. You could take a lunch in one of the many beautiful spots in the square, or get the driver to take you down to La Puntilla restaurant where you can catch the boat to Stone Island, and have a late lunch and relaxation there on the one of the best beaches. You can catch the boat back and it is a short walk back to your ship.

4. Re: first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 02:18